• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Sticky setups?

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
What are the general setups for stickying people? I usually use Uthrow at lower %s and Dtilt at mid %s. Also, is there a guide to kill percents from Uthrow>C4? This board really needs a Q&A thread.. :p

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
up throw. To mix it up, you can always go for another up throw, instead of a stick. If that doesnt work, go for more up throws.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Dair > Stick
F-Tilt > Jab reset (if they don't tech) > guaranteed tranq shot afterwards > Stick
Up B > Stick (Opponent can DI though at times to avoid this)

Other then those and U-Throw, there's not much guaranteed setups into C4 stick, it's pretty much just catching an opponent with a stick during neutral game.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The first step is to get into your opponent's head, the second step is to not use sticky long enough so they worry about other things, the final step is get close to the opponent and press Down on the control stick and B at a random point during combat/neutral.

Congratulations!

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
One of my favorites is to jump into them from underneath a platform and stick them, since they'll usually expect an aerial and shield. But yeah, Jab reset > tranq > C4 > grab is absolute gold.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
So is up throw at 0% a guaranteed stick on all characters regardless of DI? Which basically means you'll die at 60-70% that stock? Seems insane.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Something Ive found myself doing recently is doing the first two hits of my nair on grounded opponents, l-canceling before the 3rd one and that would lead into a guranteed sticky. Ive never missed one of these so for, so I think its guranteed. Often you can continue a combo off it, if not just roll back or something.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
So is up throw at 0% a guaranteed stick on all characters regardless of DI? Which basically means you'll die at 60-70% that stock? Seems insane.
Spacies don't stay in the air long enough at 0% for that to work, generally you have to Up-B of Utilit to continue the combo. At higher percentages it's still guaranteed though.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Something Ive found myself doing recently is doing the first two hits of my nair on grounded opponents, l-canceling before the 3rd one and that would lead into a guranteed sticky. Ive never missed one of these so for, so I think its guranteed. Often you can continue a combo off it, if not just roll back or something.
Yo really? I gotta check that out. I love nair, but I've had a semi hard time finding ways to make it more safe. Sometimes i try to use up-b as a pseudo shine to get out of pressure, but this sounds promising.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Yo really? I gotta check that out. I love nair, but I've had a semi hard time finding ways to make it more safe. Sometimes i try to use up-b as a pseudo shine to get out of pressure, but this sounds promising.
Yeah nair is really helpful for snake actually. The setup i mentioned could possibly also be used as a setup for a grab, but I havent tried it myself yet and i wont be able to for a while so take it with a grain of salt.
Also be careful for sheild grabbing. If you nair a sheilding opponent, make sure to roll away instead of stickying or grabbing, else you will be grabbed.

P.S. I took the idea of interrupting nairs to extend combos from Professor Pro, so credit to him. I just put the sticky part in.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I've been using the soft hits of Nair for a while now, and while I really like the follow-ups you can get from them, you've gotta be wary of CC and good OoS options. If the hit(s) connect without being CC'd, you get a free grab or C4. You can also follow up with a jab or Up-B if the situation calls for it.

This lends it self for some interesting reverse ledge pressure. I once pulled off a Ledgehop 2-hit Nair > Up-B > Uair > Jab combo to get back onstage, and my opponent got hit by the jabs as he tried to shieldgrab.

Edit: I saw Prof Pro get a Dtilt after Nair, too. That could set up for a C4 stick more reliably.

Top Bottom