• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 stick DOES fall off

bicth

Smash Cadet
This thread is for those that haven't seen the C4 fix thread.

58 seconds after sticking someone, the C4 will fall off onto the stage. This happens regardless of how someone moves (or doesn't move) and it doesn't matter who is stuck either. Happens in training mode and versus against CPUs and humans alike. Not sure if this is a bug or how it was programmed, but I'm pretty sure that it's not supposed to fall off like that.

I posted it in here instead of the bugs thread so that the rest of the community (i.e. not Snake mains) wouldn't catch on to this as quickly. If so, they would just evade until it fell off. That would be very detrimental to Snake.

Thor

Smash Champion
If you can't detonate the C4 in 58 seconds then maybe you shouldn't plant a C4 on your opponent in the first place.

Seriously though, watch the timer and be ready to detonate it at like 50 seconds or something if it really bothers you that much. Good players (Professor Pro, Rolex) [from watching just a few videos - there might be better but whatever] tend to detonate well south of 30 seconds after they stick the opponent, so this shouldn't really matter in a real match.

Even if a character theoretically CAN camp you for 58 seconds, they're bound to leave themselves open to an attack at some point (unless they're just Sheik up+B stalling, at which point I think you can enforce a rule infraction on that if it's more than like 30 seconds (that would be about 60 up+Bs in a row...), so you should be able to then hit them and start a combo or blow up the C4. Plus the threat of C4 explosion if they overcommit should limit their options somewhat.

It's also not going to stay hidden - I'm sure once someone finds out, they'll tell it to someone coaching between matches, then the announcers will see this and say it on stream and BAM it's out there.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I posted it in here instead of the bugs thread so that the rest of the community (i.e. not Snake mains) wouldn't catch on to this as quickly. If so, they would just evade until it fell off. That would be very detrimental to Snake.
Good luck with that.

bicth

Smash Cadet
My point is that it's not supposed to fall off.

We have tested this out before, we found that it was simple enough to run away from Snake until it falls off. Even with a longer timer, it just changes the pace of a match completely and the opponent's focus becomes to completely avoid Snake.

There's also the case of it falling off just before you end your combo, C4 is fairly integral for his punish game so that hurts a lot.
The camping is practical; some good players can camp for pretty much as long as they want to. As for detonating it before the 58 seconds, that requires watching the timer and takes focus away from the match at hand, as well as taking away the kill potential of the move.

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
This is very interesting. Good luck avoiding it for 58 seconds before a detonation though.

BND

Smash Apprentice
If you can't detonate the C4 in 58 seconds then maybe you shouldn't plant a C4 on your opponent in the first place.

Seriously though, watch the timer and be ready to detonate it at like 50 seconds or something if it really bothers you that much. Good players (Professor Pro, Rolex) [from watching just a few videos - there might be better but whatever] tend to detonate well south of 30 seconds after they stick the opponent, so this shouldn't really matter in a real match.

Even if a character theoretically CAN camp you for 58 seconds, they're bound to leave themselves open to an attack at some point (unless they're just Sheik up+B stalling, at which point I think you can enforce a rule infraction on that if it's more than like 30 seconds (that would be about 60 up+Bs in a row...), so you should be able to then hit them and start a combo or blow up the C4. Plus the threat of C4 explosion if they overcommit should limit their options somewhat.

It's also not going to stay hidden - I'm sure once someone finds out, they'll tell it to someone coaching between matches, then the announcers will see this and say it on stream and BAM it's out there.
If they're Sheik they can just transform into Zelda -> C4 falls off and buttwreck you from there...

Thor

Smash Champion
If they're Sheik they can just transform into Zelda -> C4 falls off and buttwreck you from there...
Detonante in the endlag of transform? Or plant a landmine right next to them as they transform for the free punish?

It's not ideal, but I think it's still something that can be worked around.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
As of 3.5 this has been fixed, so let's repurpose this thread into "how do I best punish Sheik/Zelda when they transform to drop the stick.

The mine seems good for grounded transforms, but then C4 detonation works there as well. Aerial transformations (which are far more common) are probably the bigger threat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom