• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Recovery problems

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
When I'm off stage trying to recover, I've seen people c4 themselves for the hit to get a 2nd jump, and upward momentum from the blast. But I've been having the following problems:

Snake drops the c4, then consistently can't detonate it fast enough (you hear the clicking of him hitting the detonation button, and then the c4 doesn't explode).

Snake will have too much momentum after being hit, so that when I drop the c4 I'm not in the hitbox radius when I detonate it. I've tried DI'ing back towards it, but am i doing it wrong, or just doing the wrong thing?

LupinX

Smash Journeyman
if you hold the down-b it will create a fake-out. and you must c4 during the recovery or else you will fast fall. and if you are moving diagonally( not straight up) a reverse down-b should work

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Getting the fake-out input just means you were mashing the B button and registered a held input instead of a tapped input. Learn you interruptible frames and that problem should subside, since that will allow you to just tap it when it's available. So far as the drift, you really just need to be aware of your momentum before you drop out of Cypher. You don't have to be completely stationary, but it's best to be moving very little horizontally. The c4 has a relatively big hitbox, but it's active for a short time frame. You could probably b-reverse yourself and have it work while not giving any care for your momentum, but that's a lot harder, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom