• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Fix?

Rexis

Smash Rookie
I have been wanting to ask this question, for a long time.

First off, I Main Snake, just in case.

I think the C4 should have a timer. Not to explode, but to fall off, from the opponent, like he had in Brawl.
I find it a tad unfair that my opponent HAS to kill me to make the C4 dissapear. I think 30 seconds is a good enough time for a Snake User to pull off a combo or a kill wit the C4.

Again it's just an idea. Anybody thinks otherwise?

P.S. Anybody knows, if they fixed the "mine-grenade detonation glitch?"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Personally, I think having no timer on the C4 is better. It opens up for better traps and stuff. My strategy is place C4 on an opponent as soon as I can (which is usually the beginning on the match), and blow it up when they're either high enough in the air or have enough damage.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For a lot of characters, it would be pretty trivial to just run away from Snake for 30 seconds once they got stuck. (Especially at low percent) Either simply by abusing better mobility or camping the ledge.

It'd be a gigantic nerf if it fell off, and c4 is pretty core to his gameplan.

Rexis

Smash Rookie
W
For a lot of characters, it would be pretty trivial to just run away from Snake for 30 seconds once they got stuck. (Especially at low percent) Either simply by abusing better mobility or camping the ledge.

It'd be a gigantic nerf if it fell off, and c4 is pretty core to his gameplan.
Valid Point. What about 1 minute? That's the usual time 1 Stock is lost in Smash.
Plus if he stalled for a minute he would be disqualified.
In the case that it fell off, it would STILL be on the floor. Still usable.
It would place the enemy on guard and place the C4 on a strategical place on the map.
(Though I know the best place for a C4 is in the opponent)

Again, it is only an opinion. I would love to hear more about this.
Let it be, "Bad Idea. You Suck" or "Hold, on. You might be up to something"

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
We have tested this out before, we found that it was simple enough to run away from Snake until it falls off. Even with a longer timer, it just changes the pace of a match completely and the opponent's focus becomes to completely avoid Snake.

There's also the case of it falling off just before you end your combo, C4 is fairly integral for his punish game so that hurts a lot.

bicth

Smash Cadet
C4 falls off after about 58 seconds in 3.0.2. Is this a glitch or is it how it was programmed?

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
While we're on the subject of C4, I've noticed sometimes that when I go for an aerial stick, sometimes the explosive doesn't even come out. Like, I'm juuuuuust barely out of range or something and the C4 just doesn't come out. It's really annoying - is this a bug the PMBR is already aware of?

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
FlashingFire: The act of planting the c4 on someone is a 6 frame move, if they move out of range during those 6 frames, the c4 just does not come out at all. Does this help?

bicth: Interesting, I have noticed c4 falls off occasionally but I never tested the timing of it... I'm afraid if people know the c4 falls off, people will camp Snake even harder.

bicth

Smash Cadet
I was testing it out in training and versus modes on three various fighters (CPU and human) and, regardless if they move or don't move, the c4 always falls off after about 58 seconds (it's the same amount of time each time, but I don't know if it's 57 or 58 seconds).

Last edited:

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
the C4 itself isnt broken. He would have nearly no killing options otherwise.
What does need to be nerfed is upthrow. Its too ridiculous and overcentralizing.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Uthrow is essential to Snake's punish game. It's a reward for winning an exchange in neutral, punishing an opponent's action, or successfully approaching (which is quite difficult against a competent opponent).

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Uthrow is essential to Snake's punish game. It's a reward for winning an exchange in neutral, punishing an opponent's action, or successfully approaching (which is quite difficult against a competent opponent).
He should definitely get rewarded off of it, but the chain grab on heavies in particular is way ridiculous. He should set up off of it for sure, but what he currently has is too much. It can literally be a 0 to death off of one grab if played right. I dont even mind it into the fair spike or the C4, but making characters useless for their first 60 percent with the chain grab is just too much.

bicth

Smash Cadet
He can definitely chaingrab you. If you play Fox or Flaco he can infinite you no matter how you DI.
the chain grab starts at 20% with frame perfect timing and no DI and ends around 75%. it's not zero to death.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
If you're just going for a normal chaingrab. There is a definitive flowchart that tells you exactly when to utilt, fair, dair, etc.
Getting chaingrabbed to death is supposed to happen to fox and falco. They deserve to be chain grabbed.
Characters like zss, ganondorf, tlink, sheik, zelda, dedede, ike, marth, roy, and pretty much everyone else can be chaingrabbed by snake though, and its ridiculous. THey shouldnt be rendered useless by a single grab, its ridiculous and doesnt take a high amount of skill, regardless of how difficult it is for snake to land a grab.

bicth

Smash Cadet
it does not require frame perfect timing, at all actually
at 20% it does. at higher percentages it doesn't.
and maybe not frame perfect, but near perfect precision. all dependent on the DI as well.

Last edited:

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
I dont think that snake needs to be changed at all. Well at least not with these attacks. grabbing is very essential in snakes game and so is the c 4. I didnt know that c4 fell off at all, but if you or your opponent is still alive at that Point then it deserves to fall off. They should have died well before that. If it fell off earlier than that then the fight would become campy. Leading to longer matches.

Top Bottom