• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

Chaco

Never Logs In
In the face of his yeet he still gave clear thoughts on where his head was at, I don’t see that here. It’s following a TL and trusting their opinion, while he does that as town, you can still see his processing behind it. I haven’t seen much of that this game. Clear appeals at people ignoring his reads and content in the linked game whereas here it is more floundering to find an opposing viable lynch.

I know it’s probably not a tell to anyone else but the “die on this hill” is a massive ping for me.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
##Vote: Darkpit

Pending exact behavior in that other game I may withdraw my vote, but the mirroring of that post is enough for me almost. Cause Mala was new scum and that was a massive tell of his was inclusion of FF speak.
I still think you are town, but that is the weakest reason to vote I've ever seen. Like "this feels right" is a better reason then that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nah I was looking to see his town appeals in the face of a Lynch, that’s a massively good reason to vote imo. Reaction to pressure not aligning with previous town confirmed reaction to pressure? I think you’re misreading why I voted, it goes beyond the parallel.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I know it’s probably not a tell to anyone else
Lol, at least you realize it. It's an interesting thing to watch out for. Especially from highly agreeable people. I guess I can see it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was waiting to see that before voting, but when I saw that I went ahead with the vote before seeing it. But now it’s confirmed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, at least you realize it. It's an interesting thing to watch out for. Especially from highly agreeable people. I guess I can see it.
Mala did the exact same thing in midnight basically taking a snippet from Frozen and regurgitating it later in game, and it was like phraseology only he had used

Chaco

Never Logs In
Just like when you communicate with someone, you mirror some of their nuances. Accent, etc. So I look for parallels in language as well with who they would be looking at closest in a trusted manner

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
osieorb18 osieorb18 Your point that DP is friendly and agreeable is just a read of the player, not the slot. DP is a very collaborative person and I'm sure scum-DP would show that as well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
K, I gtg. Xivii Xivii ping me about your progression D2 if you still care then. No time to do it toDay.
I would like this, btw, even if I'm not alive. There wasn't a point that I ever dropped DP. From my perspective you voted in the midst of a point in time when it seemed clear I wasn't going to let go. Your vote was here:
Okay, yeah, you're right. Cat 1. Alright, I will channel the spirit of town-DP:

Oh, my role is just that everyone knows my role. Wow, that... doesn't actually do anything. Huh. It's like a weak innocent child. Well I was expecting a vanilla role, so I guess this is pretty much vanilla. I bet everyone got a not-technically vanilla role. Oh, Chaco's role also doesn't do anything. Lol, guess we all do nothing.

Now I will channel the spirit of scum-DP:

Oh, my role is just that everyone knows my role. That's like a fake innocent child. It's almost bastardly, but I guess it's not. Well I guess I can't fake claim anything. I'll just play it straight. Oh, Chaco is a weak miller, I wonder if there's a weak cop.

I guess what I'm saying is, Cat 1 is more likely from scum. Also, more that I've done this I've convinced myself that the "my role isn't *******" thought is much more likely from scum-DP. I've talked myself into it.

##Vote: Darkpit
And this was my post just a couple of posts above:
OK so I looked through that game. Jesus Osie, you are one modkillin mofo. Also, scum mason is definitely bast. I'd be livid if I was in a game with that role. Anyway, your assessment of Darpit as ml bait is definitely not correct. In the game he last played here (Midnight Ops) he was the top town read of almost every player from beginning to end and never once was wagoned. Looking through that game makes it super salient the difference between his play here and his play there/Midnight. I'm fully confident Darkpit is scum.

For those interested, Darkpit (Starling) replaces in here. Chaco Chaco since you read from feel/tone, I'm confident you'll find this convincing.
Hence why I didn't find the timing of your vote indicative enough to exclude you as potentially being mates. I think there are more points in favor of you being town than there are scum. But I do have a concern here that you are attempting to reframe this in a way that fortifies your position.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ooooh I really dislike this. A tell of Mala’s was posting in formatting of their mate, and was it Osie that said I will die on this hill previously?
I'm pretty positive that was me lol

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I don't think it's a bad thing to try to look at things from other perspectives and I'll die on that hill lol
^ISO'd it.

You can do better than that Chaco. I'm pretty sure you're town, but that was such a bad push

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
If it were correct I might not have a problem with it but like... its not hard to ISO the word hill lol

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
What I'm saying is you were for UP when he was the top wagon, then you abandoned that for me I became viable.
Reads change. You of all people should understand this, as I could say this EXACT same quote to you and it would be accurate. Either you're clouded by confirmation bias and you're tunneling too hard to see it, or you're scum

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Bruh it was Somi... first hit on it. Lmao.
Somi's was after mine was it not? 170 when mine was 140 something? Regardless, it wasn't Osie. Your argument holds no weight, and ik you're logical enough to see that

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah looks like DP's was first. For some reason smashbaoards' search function doesn't list them in order.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
And your statement to me there was not town DP
Sorry. I'm rushed and frustrated and at this point people are clearly reaching for any reason they can to yeet me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why is smashboards search function gotta be a pain. Regardless, that’s weird phraseology you don’t see much. For two people to say it still is a bit odd to me. Nevertheless, not my main reasoning.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Neither have used that phraseology before this game, on this site.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Searched it on MTG Salvation as well to meta check the phrase and absent there as well.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
But I do have a concern here that you are attempting to reframe this in a way that fortifies your position.
I might be misremembering but it did feel like you were pushing other ways. I think UP and Osie before coming back to DP, whereas I hard pushed just DP once I made up my mind. You really still think I could be scummates with DP? I'm pretty sure DP would not be the yeet if I hadn't pushed it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii’s push was bit harder for DP, iirc Boom. I don’t remember sequence exactly but I remember him calling my attention to multiple points and having me read through 20 pages of a game

Chaco

Never Logs In
Me and this dude in a car across for me are both sitting outside in a parking lot waiting for our ladies to get their nails done. I’m mafia’ing it up and he’s just looking around lol

osieorb18

Smash Ace
osieorb18 osieorb18 Your point that DP is friendly and agreeable is just a read of the player, not the slot. DP is a very collaborative person and I'm sure scum-DP would show that as well.
I'm not convinced they could maintain this level of collectedness as scum.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Sorry. I'm rushed and frustrated and at this point people are clearly reaching for any reason they can to yeet me.
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 - Please give a legacy readlist (A readlist that people can look at after you die.)

If anyone hammers darkpit before darkpit can do this, that's a scumclaim.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 - Please give a legacy readlist (A readlist that people can look at after you die.)

If anyone hammers darkpit before darkpit can do this, that's a scumclaim.
(Unless Darkpit just doesn't do it until very close to EoD. I'll be around for EoD so I can make sure an elimination will happen.)

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Osie
Chaco
Boom
UP
Somi
Frozen
Mer
Xivii

I fr have to go now but I'll try to give explanations before deadline. If I don't, best of luck everyone, go town, trust Osie, yeet Xivii, don't let Mer get to endgame

Much love broskis

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I might be misremembering but it did feel like you were pushing other ways. I think UP and Osie before coming back to DP, whereas I hard pushed just DP once I made up my mind. You really still think I could be scummates with DP? I'm pretty sure DP would not be the yeet if I hadn't pushed it.
I think that the team possibility exists only because someone might hard bus. But I also don't think DP is scum. I can't rule you out of most of my worlds, but I am willing to consider it if I am alive the next Day by some bloody miracle.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1-16

[4] Darkpit54: Boomfrog, Xivii, #HBC FrozeηFlame, Chaco
[2] Xivii : UtopianPoyzin, somitomi,
[2] #HBC FrozeηFlame: osieorb18, Darkpit54

[1] Not Voting: mərcurı

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Day 1 Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Saturday August 8th; less than 3 hours remain.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Believe somitomi lives in a very different timezone, he could easily be asleep or otherwise unable to be contacted

Top Bottom