• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-tilts or C-Smash? Also fast falling aerials?

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hi.
I was a Diddy main in Brawl times, then I did not play Smash 4 at all. Now I am back in Ultimate.
First, I miss the 2 nanas era :( and all the gameplay, stage control and tech around it (Glide toss, instant throw,...). It is amazing how just one more nana and a couple of techniques could change a character.

Now, is it really usefull to have c-tilts? What is your personal opinion and what do top players (Zero, Zinoto, is there someone else? XD) say about it?

Also, in smash Ultimate in general, it seem to be necessary to do short hop fast falling aerials to make combos. Is it also necessary with Diddy?

Seriously, is there any other top Diddy main in ultimate besides Zero and Zinoto that you can find videos in youtube? In Brawl times there were ADHD, Gnes, Zinoto, Suinoko (i am not sure of the nick, and other japanese Diddys)

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
Well it depends on exactly how you play Diddy Kong. C-Tilts can help you space out your attacks but you miss out on the opportunity to hit a smash attack with the stick, causing you to press A and B just to hit one. Diddy Kong has great tilts that can combo very well, so if you’re going to take a risk then use tilts on the c-stick.

As far as pro Diddy Kong players use, I know ZeRo uses c-tilts because you can keep a constant movement and attack with a tilt rather than slowing down and then performing a tilt. He also uses A+B smash attacks which enables you to smash attack out of run quickly.

For short hop fast fall aerials, it is necessary to do them because it allows you to string into other moves quickly than just jumping and hitting your aerials without short hopping. It helps you string moves such as up airs more consistently and makes your character faster. It helps pretty much the entire cast of characters, including Diddy Kong as well.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Well it depends on exactly how you play Diddy Kong. C-Tilts can help you space out your attacks but you miss out on the opportunity to hit a smash attack with the stick, causing you to press A and B just to hit one. Diddy Kong has great tilts that can combo very well, so if you’re going to take a risk then use tilts on the c-stick.

As far as pro Diddy Kong players use, I know ZeRo uses c-tilts because you can keep a constant movement and attack with a tilt rather than slowing down and then performing a tilt. He also uses A+B smash attacks which enables you to smash attack out of run quickly.

For short hop fast fall aerials, it is necessary to do them because it allows you to string into other moves quickly than just jumping and hitting your aerials without short hopping. It helps you string moves such as up airs more consistently and makes your character faster. It helps pretty much the entire cast of characters, including Diddy Kong as well.
Thanks

About the short hop fast falling aerials, I have been trying it. The right way is:
Short hop>aerial at the pick of the jump> down
Or
Short hop> down at the peak of the jump> aerial
??

Also about buffering, how is the timing for buffer some combos. For example, banana throw, into dash, into down tilt, into runing up smash?
Should I just try to do the next thing a little bit before the current animation ends?

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
For short hop fast fall aerials it depends on the move youre using. my rule of thumb is to land right after the hitbox comes out so that you can do an action as quickly as possible after. for upair, that means waiting until youre past the peak of the jump and hitting upair right before you land. for down air, you want to activate it really quickly after you begin to hop.

As for diddy players to watch, I'd say look out for Legit and Dakpo, mainly. There is also JJRockets, but he is in Korea and I havent seen if their tourneys are streamed.

Vega4

Smash Ace
For short hop fast fall aerials it depends on the move youre using. my rule of thumb is to land right after the hitbox comes out so that you can do an action as quickly as possible after. for upair, that means waiting until youre past the peak of the jump and hitting upair right before you land. for down air, you want to activate it really quickly after you begin to hop.

As for diddy players to watch, I'd say look out for Legit and Dakpo, mainly. There is also JJRockets, but he is in Korea and I havent seen if their tourneys are streamed.
Thanks.

Btw, for doing at 0% the banana>up throw>bair>bair combo
Should I dash or something after the up throw?? I just can connect one bair :/

Last edited:

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Not sure, usually I do Down-throw to bair to bair, so maybe it's that. Either that, or you need to fastfall the 2nd bair.

Top Bottom