• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stuck?

Rexdawn

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else felt like the controls are less responsive in Brawl? Sometimes I swear I'm C-sticking in a direction but my character does nothing. I've dubbed it "C-Stuck" for now, and it's really bothering me. My friends have noticed similar problems. How about you?

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Well I found out why that happens, It happens when you dont put the cstick back in the center all the way. For instance if you Fsmash and still have your thumb with it tilted a bit, the next one wont respond.

So if you dont want this happening often, then just put it back to its neutral position after smashing.

Rexdawn

Smash Rookie
Well I found out why that happens, It happens when you dont put the cstick back in the center all the way. For instance if you Fsmash and still have your thumb with it tilted a bit, the next one wont respond.

So if you dont want this happening often, then just put it back to its neutral position after smashing.
I knew about this, but sometimes I'm still not getting the results I want.

LoVer

Smash Cadet
I have not experienced this. Perhaps you're not used to the new timing.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
The new c-stick mechanics have been annoying the hell out of me... almost as much as tripping. From time to time it'll refuse to respond and throw out a smash/aerial even if I press it several times in a row. Not letting it re-center could be the cause... but I never recall having trouble with the c-stick in Melee. It's just another annoyance that's stopping me from putting much effort into the game.

Mike_Evans

Smash Rookie
It was bugging me so much I switched to the Wii-mote and nunchuck control scheme. It's going to be a while before I adapt to the control scheme, but I changed the control to make the 4-direction pad on the wiimote do smashes because I was sick and tired of my cstick not registering!

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
i havent experienced it myself, cause i use to wiimote and nunchuck, but i kno my friends who've used my cube controllers at my house say its just unresponsive

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I thought I was alone in this, it pisses me off so much. It really makes Brawl feel like a cheap game. I love Brawl but stuff like tripping and C-stuck take away from the experience.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman

This is what was happenening to me, but I'm used to it now and the controls feel fine.

Top Bottom