• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if it is better to use the c-stick for faster attacks? cuz when i play using it, i seem to get moves out quicker, though i do a little less damage. is this a viable way to play?

-KR

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The C-stick is not any faster than using the control stick however it is more useful to do aerials with as it helps you control your momentum better. You can Dair with the C-stick without fastfalling, you can Uair without worrying about jumping, and you can Fair while moving forward. On the ground the C-stick is used for smashes, but its no faster than using the Control stick(although I assume you charge a little by mistake when you use the Control stick causing a little more damage) The C-stick is also better for what I refer to as "SHFFL spam" where you spam SHFFL'd Bairs with Kirby in place. This is more difficult to do with the Control Stick as you will usually end up moving backwards while doing it.

Other little odd things you can do with the C-Stick, ummmmmm, if you hold it as you put your shield up it will allow you to roll on the first possible frame. Its obviously useful for Smash DI and SDI techs(hard to do btw) Also, while completely unrelated to Kirby, if your playing as the spacies and you hang on the ledge and hit back on the C-stick and Forward B on the control stick, you can fantasm from the ledge, to the ledge(you may have seen Zhu doing it in his sig) Ummm the C-stick can be used to drop from the ledge without worrying about fastfalling, although if you hold it too long you'll just end up attacking. There's a C-Stick guide floating around the Melee forums, if I find it I'll post it for you, but for right now thats all I got.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hrmm, I thought it was faster because it comes out at the first frame possible every time. I bet you can achieve that with the analog, but not as consistently. I think that's why there's a term called 'buffering' rolls (using c-stick to roll) as opposed to regular side rolling with analog.

But hey I only use c-stick for uairs so who am I to say :p

Sandwich

Smash Ace
C-Stick is just cruise control for smashes.
OF course, you still gotta drive, but you get it.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I use a C-Stick for Smashing and D-air/U-air, because I'm lazy.

As long has your hands feel comfortable anywhere, you can play as you want.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
C-Stick is kinda handy. It's not really faster but it helps you to do physically impossible stuff like do a wavedash and smash the opposite direction.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
No I dont mean it like that
I was just pointing out that out of a wavedash you could wavesmash in the opposite direction with the c-stick because its physically impossible to do so with A. Sorry for the confusion^^''

Top Bottom