• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick with Yoshi?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I can definitely see how it's useful, without a doubt.
However, I am a Falco player just looking for an unexpected character to play against people I play with. I don't C-Stick as Falco (yeah yeah I can pillar, so don't be thinking I'm some scrub) and I am curious as to HOW useful c-stick is for Yoshi and if it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Using the C-Stick for characters like Yoshi is strictly a matter of preference.

It's not like with Peach (downsmash), Falco (down air, forward smash), Marth (forward smash, up air), and others where the C-Stick is a vital buddy. It's all a matter of how comfortable you are with Yoshi's controls that determines your C-Stick usage. I mean, maybe for down airs off the stage or for up airs from the ledge...I suppose it can be the better option for those purposes.

One thing that C-Stick is very very handy for, though, is crouch cancel forward smash. Mmm, tasty. ^_^

Seanson

Smash Ace
I pretty much only use the c-stick for crouch cancelled smashing, and retreating f-airs.

however, I play a peach mostly, and crouch cancelled smashing is very dangerous cause of peach's annyoing dsmash.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
There is no denying that the c-stick is a better choice, if only slight. Smash attack come out a frame faster, and allows you to control aerial DI better while fairing or bairing.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Aerial DI? o_0

Unless you mean aerial control, which is simply moving your character back and forth in the air. DI only applies to knockback. o_o;

technomancer

Smash Champion
I couldn't tell you when I use the c-stick, as I use it subconsciously now. I don't think 'back and A' anymore, I just think 'wavedash' or 'b-air'.
Roger that

Practice with both, c-stick is fuxmazing for retreating f-airs, and forward smashing.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shiri, you're right in terms of an official smash term. However, if you take it by the words, directional influence, you will realise what he said made sense too.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
I will admit, I absolutely never use the C-stick. Though everyone tells me it'll enhance my game, I dont see much coming out of it. Like many of the others have said, I would also say it's about preference. People who use the C-Stick before probably will find it easier, but I'm one who stays away from the C-Stick for some reason o.O;

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, I just realized that. o_o

Hmmm, does anyone queue up throws using the C-Stick? Especially for down and forward throw, it comes out real fast. Like, Fox up throw fast.

Gomba

Smash Cadet
I use it alot for smahes myself, its always faster.

haha its been nearly 3 years since ive posted thats crazy. just came back to this site recently since im awaiting sbb myself.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
:yoshi: Yeah, I just realized that. o_o

Hmmm, does anyone queue up throws using the C-Stick? Especially for down and forward throw, it comes out real fast. Like, Fox up throw fast.
I was wondering, if you can throw forward that fast, is it possible then to semi-chainthrow characters that dont expect it?

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
I Cstick the following

-Dairs off the level
-Non DJC Uair
-Reverse ledghop Fair (jump away when you are on the edge, so you face the edge when you land)
-Running smash attacks
-CC smashes

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
C-Stick works pretty well on Yoshi, even though it's not as vital to him as it is to some other characters.

Top Bottom