• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

c-stick threshold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
I don't know wether this is widely known or not, but it seems that either way no one cares, and that might be because no one has talked about it?

The C-Stick works a tad different from melee: to be able to function the stick must be at it's 0,0, whereas melee the stick records movement relative to the latter position.

Why is it this way now and why hasn't it been fixed already?

If you miss and L-Cancel that was supposed to be followed up by a smash you also get the punish of not smashing at all because you would have to release it and hit it again from it's 0,0 (and everyone is used to just spam the stick in the direction). If you try to smash out of shield you would have the same issue because the shield release lag won't let you smash at the first attempt

I know what you're thinking now "If you were a good player you wouldn't have this issue" and that would be rather unfair because while I'm not affected by this unless i really screw up, people new to P:M do have issues with it very often. It's kinda sad to look at someone else who's trying to smash with c-stick while his/her toon is just standing there doing nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom