• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick for tilts and its usage

SonicShin

Smash Rookie
Hi, I set my C-Stick(GC controller) to tilt a few days ago and have been practicing since then.
I wanna know if my A button isn't used for anything except smash attacks, jabs and nairs.
If that's not true, when should I use the c-stick and when should I use the A button?
I have tap jump off and X set to jump.

TeamChevy86

Smash Rookie
It comes down to personal preference. Tilt attacks are more versatile, and leave less openings than a smash attack. Having tilt on the stick makes it easier to perform aerials and pivot tilts.

Ratmouse

Smash Rookie
With most of your grounded tilts, and plenty of other scenarios, it doesn't really matter if you use the stick or A. The time that it matters is when you are doing something with the left stick that prevents you from inputting the attack you want while using A.

So, it is probably good to get used to using the stick for most aerials, so you can just control your air drift with the left stick.

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Hi, I set my C-Stick(GC controller) to tilt a few days ago and have been practicing since then.
I wanna know if my A button isn't used for anything except smash attacks, jabs and nairs.
If that's not true, when should I use the c-stick and when should I use the A button?
I have tap jump off and X set to jump.
Theres also some sort of tech skill that involves canceling a tilt attack then jumping. If you plan on doing that you have to set your jump to one of the triggers or bumpers.

Top Bottom