• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick Decides Not To Work

-_Face_-

Smash Apprentice
So just came back into PM after about 6 weeks in a Melee cycle and I noticed that my c-stick just doesn't respond sometimes. I don't remember this happening before my Melee stint. I play Toon Link so most noticeably I couldn't get my AGT's with anywhere near the same consistency as I could before.

Has anyone noticed this? Is there some sort of explanation as to why PM (or I guess Brawl) would have trouble reading the c-stick input? Is the tolerance just different in Melee?

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
I actually had this happen to me ONCE about a month ago, all of a sudden in one match my c-sticks weren't working and I almost got bodied, but it never happened again. Might just be a glitch that sometimes occurs, is it happening frequently?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
This is happening to my setup too, and have noticed this occuring since 3.5. I'm using USB Loader GX with Hooktype AXNextFrame.

Shellfire

Smash Apprentice
I figured it was my controller. I'm thinking it has something to do with not letting the stick sit a completely neutral position long enough between inputs. In my attempts to replicate the problem, I noticed it gets janky when you try to shift it in the opposite direction too suddently. It also tends to not respond when you have it partially out of neutral during another action. Many a time has the game just ignored my input because I started the C-stick in one direction too soon, even when it's in the dead zone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom