• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick aerial L cancelling?

falcoeatpeach

Smash Rookie
I'm new to playing smash and used to doing c stick aerials. I want to know if it's possible to do a c-stick aerial and l cancel right before you hit the ground... or do you have to use the 'a' button for the l cancel effect.
Plz help

Sempai

Smash Ace
I'm new to playing smash and used to doing c stick aerials. I want to know if it's possible to do a c-stick aerial and l cancel right before you hit the ground... or do you have to use the 'a' button for the l cancel effect.
Plz help
Its very possible to lcancel c-sticked aerials, and thats exactly what you should be doing, using the c-stick.

Try to use it whenever you can, so you can get the most movement options possible, with the c-stick you can do things reliably like, falling u-airs, retreating fairs, approaching bairs, and just generally more air control.

You will learn to love the c-stick.

falcoeatpeach

Smash Rookie
Its very possible to lcancel c-sticked aerials, and thats exactly what you should be doing, using the c-stick.

Try to use it whenever you can, so you can get the most movement options possible, with the c-stick you can do things reliably like, falling u-airs, retreating fairs, approaching bairs, and just generally more air control.

You will learn to love the c-stick.
Thanks so much, I'll keep practising. Sounds like c stick is perfect for a cap falc player

Sempai

Smash Ace
funnily enough I started as falcon, and to string those crucial u-airs together its important to get u-air on the cstick down pat.

I used to hate u-air before c-stick, now its my fav aerial to do. Since your falcon, its critical, since your rocketing all over the place its very important to have very good aerial control.

Good luck!

falcoeatpeach

Smash Rookie
funnily enough I started as falcon, and to string those crucial u-airs together its important to get u-air on the cstick down pat.

I used to hate u-air before c-stick, now its my fav aerial to do. Since your falcon, its critical, since your rocketing all over the place its very important to have very good aerial control.

Good luck!
Perfect, Thanks so much for the support!

You can cancel half the ending lag (L-cancel for the common name) of aerials with R and Z buttons as well. More power to you for whatever works best.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Definitely use the c stick. Falcon relies on controlling the air and using the c stick allows for control of your character while performing ariels such as dair, up air, etc.

Top Bottom