• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.Falcon vs. Peach help

AntiJIgglypuff

Smash Rookie
I've been developing my Falcon for the past year or so and I feel like I've gotten pretty good against the fast fallers. However, I need some help with the Peach matchup because I feel so lost. Her shield seems to shut down any approaches I have with nair and I have no idea how to challenge her when she's offstage or in the air. Any advice, tips, or percentages I should know would be great. Thanks in advance.

BauxFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Lemme start this off by saying I am a read-heavy falcon. This means that I read movement, I read defense, offense, you name it.

Approaches:
  • Raw stomp works well at low percents and can lead to a free grab. It works very well against downsmash spamming peaches. There are a ton of mixups you can do on raw stomp as well. For example:
    • Cross up stomp if you suspect they will shield
    • If up close, you can drift away if you don't fast fall the stomp
  • Nair is literally Falcon's bread and butter at any percent. It out prioritizes nearly all of peaches moves only if you space it well enough
  • Back air walls work wonders against peach here's why
    • If you space them well enough, peach literally cannot approach
    • If you time it right, you can even auto cancel the bair
    • The only downside to this is that if you get predictable, its very easy to pick you apart.
  • If peach is above you at all, uair will destroy anything peach can do. This is literally pretty much most of what you should do if you see peach in the air
  • Knee, like stomp, is a good approach if you can read their movement.
  • Dash dance is probably the best approach for this MU, all of peach's attacks are so laggy that its very easy to whiff punish them
Neutral:
  • Stay close enough so that peach doesn't want to pull a turnip, but far enough so that she can't hit you
  • Peach above you is a dead peach, uair destroys floaties. This is very powerful positional pressure
  • Most of this MU is all about positional pressure. If you know how to apply it, and can do it well, you have this MU in the bag
  • Please, don't go offstage unless you know exactly what the peach is going to do or at least have some general idea of it.
Combos: Very flowchart based combos
  • Stomp/nair/knee/low uair/ > grab > dthrow > nair on central DI, uair on up DI, tech chase on down DI > whatever (works on low percents)
  • Dthrow > nair > air wobble (mid percents)
  • Stomp knee (70-100)
  • Dthrow knee (70-100) (only on DI that isn't down)
  • Low uair > knee (60-80)
  • Dthrow uair (80+)

_greenbean

Smash Rookie
If you are having trouble punishing Peach's float cancelled aerials, read what the peach does afterward. Does the Peach jab after doing a float cancelled aerial? Bait it out and punish (i grab it). Does the Peach dsmash? Read it and stomp. If the Peach likes to run away, then you can read it with a deep aerial.

I bet that if you were fast enough I bet you could react to all of these with dashdance

Top Bottom