• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C. Falcon u-air

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
My friend was goin against me and trying to achieve flip-man hits but his leg was clearly goin through me, we went into brawlbox and did all the necessary setup for viewing project ms setup and had brawl version opened on the side to use as reference and we found that the timers are messed up similarly to auto cancel window on dk and ganons forward fairs in brawl so falcon loses his hitbox before it can connect, just curious if PMBR have noticed this what im hoping is "bug" and not intentional, hoping for replies thank you. ps: i checked 2.5 and 2.6 and 2.6b its the same for all of them

GeZ

Smash Lord
I haven't experienced this. When does it happen? like his positioning in the air or later or earlier in the move?

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
I haven't experienced this. When does it happen? like his positioning in the air or later or earlier in the move?
Later in the move, example ganondorf can achieve semi spike "flipmen" hit late in the move, falcon cannot because of the messed up timers, and from what iv read the PMBR has ignored this bug and kept it because it was in melee

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ganondorf can hit with his legs when he swings back very far. Falcon cannot, and did not in Melee. It does not need to be changed really, because Falcon has other choices to hit people behind him instead of trying to time backward Uair hits.

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf can hit with his legs when he swings back very far. Falcon cannot, and did not in Melee. It does not need to be changed really, because Falcon has other choices to hit people behind him instead of trying to time backward Uair hits.
Ohhhhh silly you and your endless "cause melee" logic, is or not it is an unfixed ERROR, so yeah its wrong and un-beneficial

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Falcon doesn't need it, and technically since he has a hitbox as his legs are past the halfway point, you could argue that's enough. His legs are still moving, but there doesn't need to be a hitbox for the entire duration. Plenty of moves have movement going on after their hitboxes, and we don't go around fixing those either.

GeZ

Smash Lord
It's just not necessary. Falcon wants to be doing a lot of things besides hit with the very end of his Uair.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Juggernaut, I think you need to stop with the attitude. Every time someone make a response that isn't exactly your views, you get really rude and sarcastic. Pmbr won't listen to your complaints if all you do is slam them with sarcasm.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Melee went through three different versions before being considered complete by Nintendo, so I'm willing to bet Falcon not being able to hit with the end of up air was intentional then.
A lot of characters in Project M are nearly identical to their melee counterparts, so again, I'm willing to bet it's intentional.
Falcon definitely doesn't need the hitbox, he's an incredibly powerful character already.
That being said, I'd like to see the hitbox added, but only for one reason; if you miss the up-air to a dodge or DI or just missing, the back hitbox could "catch" the enemy and give Falcon free damage even if he technically missed.

Any buff for Falcon is a buff for me ;)

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
You can still gimp people with the back part of up-air, you just need to time it waaaaay better than Ganon has to and it's not as effective and you usually have better options. You could do it in Melee, Brawl, and P:M. Of course, it's nothing like 64 Falcon's back part of up-air, but it's not impossible to use the back part in P:M, despite the hitbox ending earlier than the animation.

Top Bottom