• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buy Draglade: An Innovative Mix of Fighting & Music for the Nintendo DS!

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Draglade

In the world of Draglade, Grapping has become the world's premier spectator sport. Scientists will discover how to turn atmospheric Matter into energy. Soon thereafter, a means of harnessing this energy – G-Cons – will allow for the conversion of this power into a weapon called a “Glade”. When a Glade hits something, the Glade emits a sound. Fighters and entertainers quickly realized the potential of Grapping, as the music generated by the clashing Glades in combat provided an experience that couldn't be matched in any other sport. In this world overcome by Grapping fever, four young indie Grappers – Hibito, Guy, Kyle, and Daichi – will strive to reach the ranks of the Major Grappers.

FEATURES
  • A creative mix of fighting and music! Intuitive controls allow players of all ages and skills to get into the game, while a vast assortment of customizable fighting techniques and devastating combinations allow for advanced fighting tactics. Use Beat Combos to create a powerful melody!
  • Unlockable Extras! Discover additional characters and special techniques - there are plenty of things to collect! Each character will have their own unique weapons and attributes.
  • Customizable characters! Mix and match moves to tailor your fighter to your preferences, and expand your arsenal of abilities by trading skills with a friend!
  • Local and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection multiplayer! Play against players across the nation in a one-on-one test of skills, or connect locally with a friend and take on cooperative quests!
My Response
Basically, I'd have to say...This game is really indeed interesting. You can create combos known as "Beat combos" in which you create a musical, nice-toned beat to creat a powerful melody. For example...The 1st intro part of the Super Mario Bros. Theme song...Catchy melody, eh? Now, make every note/tone of that song count as a hit towards your opponent...Thus, creating a beat combo! There are also other special moves called the "Phat Beat Combo" in which you unleash a more...Powerful, deadly like combo that causes more damage then a regular beat combo. I think everybody will enjoy this game, and c'mon...Who wouldn't buy a 2-D fighting game for the DS that includes online play AND Co-op/Versus mode? Your friend won't even need the game to play it with you...Buy it!

Other Information

Release Date: 12/04/07 - This game, I think, just came out today. So, depending on where you live, it could be for sale either today or tomorrow.

Official Website: http://www.atlus.com/draglade/ - This will tell you enough information to get you interested.

Japanese Website: http://www.draglade.jp/ - After looking at this, I became even more interested.

Hope you learn to like this game and buy it.

DP...signin' out! :cool:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I'm kinda thinking about getting it...

1) made by Atlus
2) trailers make it sound like the music is actually listen-to-able
3) typically I like fighters
4) sometimes I do the same thing in Melee:embarrass

I think I'll wait for reviews to come out, though...

Zink

Smash Champion
OK, cool name. Added to Christmas list based on essentially nothing. I'm taking a gamble, here, DP. This better be clutch.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
OK, cool name. Added to Christmas list based on essentially nothing. I'm taking a gamble, here, DP. This better be clutch.
Trust me...It's gonna be a good one, Zink.

I'm just sittin' here waiting for its freakin' release! :mad:

Top Bottom