• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button Layout

Zurangatang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zurangatang
Do any of yall use any different button layouts for Villager?

I set c-stick to tilts because I don't like the startup for Villagers side smash and down smash.

Meiwaku

Smash Rookie
Cstick to tilts is important for spacing aerials IMO, since villager's zoning game is so important. He doesn't really have the kind of fsmash you can abuse with pivot smashes so you don't lose out on much.

I'm experimenting a little with L to jump, which seems nice because I can jump, move, and do aerials with both thumbs on a stick, but I really need to get used to it.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
I keep the c-stick for smash so i can be SURE i'm going to launch a fsmash very quickly when i go near the edge when the enemy is going to come back from under the stage (instead of doing a stupid dash attack / utilt). I remove the tap jump for utilt tho

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I keep mine default. I am just very careful for the tilts. I like the assurance of a definite f-smash when ledge guarding.

Top Bottom