• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button Layout for DeDeDe

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Basically, does anyone have a specific button layout on a GC controller for DeDeDe? I was thinking that it would possibly be useful to change the C-stick to tilts instead of smashes, since DeDeDe uses them a lot more. Just a though...anyone try that?

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
imo when you change your button layout you corrupt something about your playstyle.
i use cstick alot, tilts too, its a give or take, wish i could do tilts better but wish i could do fast smashes.

Doval

Smash Lord
C-Stick to Attack is something everyone should do unless they use B-Sticking. It takes more control to do tilts than smashes, and setting the C-Stick to Attack prevents you from fastfalling when you do D-airs.

I have X set to Special but that's because I have Tap Jump Off, and when I need to do Up-B out of shield on other characters, it's a lot easier to slide my thumb from Y to X than it is Y to B.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
C-Stick to Attack is something everyone should do unless they use B-Sticking. It takes more control to do tilts than smashes, and setting the C-Stick to Attack prevents you from fastfalling when you do D-airs.

I have X set to Special but that's because I have Tap Jump Off, and when I need to do Up-B out of shield on other characters, it's a lot easier to slide my thumb from Y to X than it is Y to B.
lololol. its really not that hard to slide it from y to b

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I use my controller layout with every character. When using Dedede, I only tend to use the Right Control Stick for aerial attacks. I hardly ever use smash attacks due to their slow speed.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Basically, does anyone have a specific button layout on a GC controller for DeDeDe? I was thinking that it would possibly be useful to change the C-stick to tilts instead of smashes, since DeDeDe uses them a lot more. Just a though...anyone try that?

Simply put, cancel the tap up for Jump to take better advantage of his uptilt, and use either X or Y (whatever you perfer ) to make chain grabbing that much easier

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
Simply put, cancel the tap up for Jump to take better advantage of his uptilt, and use either X or Y (whatever you perfer ) to make chain grabbing that much easier
but then i wont be able to do sliding usmashes with other characters (snake, wario, link)
because of tap jump being off

Top Bottom