• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Burning Kirby": The Kirby vs. Luigi MU Thread

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
HNI_0049.JPG

"Burning Kirby": The Kirby v. Luigi MU Thread

Welcome to the Kirby vs. Luigi thread! This thread is an open-discussion thread detailing the matchup between Kirby and Luigi. The brother from the shadows has risen from the ashes of Brawl and seeks to dominate the Smash 4 competition, but Kirby's hardened and improved. What can the Ultimate Star Warrior do to prevent from being Luigi's second banana, and vice versa? Discuss!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I don't actually play this MU as Kirby, but just from experience, how would you approach this character in the neutral? Fireballs can be somewhat annoying, though, even with Kirby's crouch.

Da_Face89

Smash Rookie
NNID
Da_Face89
If kirby gets the luigi hat, it could very well benefit, as it improves kirby's zoning. A good opportunity to get the swallow is if he throws out green missile like an idiot, or tries to end a combo with a lucky misfire, which rarely happens (Everybody wanna be Abate these days). A poor cyclone can also be punished with inhale. Luigis using Missile generally works in kirby's favor, as he can punish the offstage version's endlag with an easy dair. As a result of this, your best option for knocking the luigi offstage is to send him far and slightly down, such as with Fsmash.

nikoryan

Smash Cadet
I'm just gonna say that this is definitely one of kirby's worst match ups. Been playing a local luigi in tournament and have been consistently losing to him in tournament. Yes I have taken games off him with kirby but it is very draining. Even after the patch nerfing luigi, I still believe this matchup is heavily in luigi's favor.

His nair breaks our up tilt strings so the only thing you can do is shield his nair and try to up tilt him or throw an aerial at him again or even grab out of shield. This takes some conditioning but it's the only way you can truly rack up damage against luigi. If the luigi player spaces correctly though, you can't do anything about it. You also have to be careful with your f throw combos since luigi can simply just nair off those too. But if you read your opponent correctly, you can rack up some damage.

His fireballs make it hard to approach. Kirby can duck under them, but that's pretty much it. What I usually do and ws is duck under fireballs and use d tilt as the luigi approaches to grab. Once you get grabbed, It is crucial to try your best to avoid being grabbed as it is an easy 30-40% for luigi because of his automatic combos from d throw.

Killing is also a problem since d tilt > f smash doesn't work on luigi when he trips because he slides away. The only way to get a kill on luigi is a hard read with a smash attack, an up throw kill or back throw kill at high percentages, or just gimping luigi when he's offstage by using bairs. You may also try using stone for a hard read (break shield) or if he's using tornado back onto stage. I haven't been able to do anything else to kill luigi..

Top Bottom