• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bumper Preference?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm trying to learn to use L for shield, Z for l cancel and R for wavedash, but it's taking time. Until now I've always used R for everything except l cancel, which I used L for.

Spyro, I've heard Javi more or less plays that way. It's funny, because a month before Apex Yeroc and I were saying that that's probably how most people should be playing Smash if they want to be at max technical ability. Then we found out that's exactly how Javi plays.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
I used to use R for everything until I realized that WD'ing out of a shield was kind of hard.

L for cancels and shields.
R for Wavedashes.
Y for jumps.
Up for JC-grabs. Though this sometimes fails me and I jump instead. Maybe I should use Y for this too.
C-Stick for aerials and some smashes.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I use L for everything except shai droppping, which I do with R. This lets me L-cancel easily after dropping through platforms, and hopefully I will be able to adopt R for L-cancelling when I do standing shield drops for the same reason. I am usually able to let go and retap L before landing, but it feels weird. It's also unnecessarily difficult on low FoD platforms, plus it's virtually impossible to L-cancel with L if I platform cancel a shield drop bair.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Shield,tech,L-cancel, platform waveland with L

Wavedash, ground waveland, wall-tech with R

Yep I'm weird.

Top Bottom