• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bullet seed max damage?

squiser

Smash Apprentice
At least 10% with a properly DI-ing opponent. If you catch them low in the stream, if they can't DI, or if they're playing a large character that can easily go past 30%.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How should you DI to get out of it?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So say I am to the right of Ivysaur and he hits me with the initial hit, is there any way I can avoid all of the seeds from that.

YellowYoshi

Smash Rookie
On the sandbag while waiting for an online game, I remember getting 64% as a typical number for bullet seed. I've found that I get the most damage if I avoid that initial hit entirely, by starting bullet seed above the bag and dropping down on top of it. This would be rough to pull off against another player, but for pure % it works.

2FAST4U

Smash Rookie
On the sandbag while waiting for an online game, I remember getting 64% as a typical number for bullet seed. I've found that I get the most damage if I avoid that initial hit entirely, by starting bullet seed above the bag and dropping down on top of it. This would be rough to pull off against another player, but for pure % it works.
bs. the waiting room doesnt show %s noob.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
he just wanted to help even though you called him out and your just trying to be a justified ******* so you can shut it as well....

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
lol ok another simple answer
lowest ive done = 20%
max with a dumb di'ing person = 60%ish hah

the lowest is in terms of catching them in the air
the highest is with the first hit which knocks them directly above ivy n catching from the bottom going up

TheLake

Smash Master
The most ive done is 70-80...somewhere between there.

Yeah bullet seed rocks (: Hooray for dumb DI!

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
How should you DI to get out of it?
Smash DI (tap the stick continuously) to the right or left. Also, if you react fast enough to the first hit on either side of Ivysaur (ok, you can't really react to it, so "predict" would be a better term), you DI across Ivysaur and many characters will not get hit by the stream at all, just continue flying the whatever direction you're going.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
The maximum possible damage is exactly 74%. The move will end on its own after a given duration, and the seeds do 70% if every last one hits, plus 4% for the initial pulse if they're standing near you when you start the move. You can see it by using it in the middle of a giant Bowser (Super Mushroom). I think it's impossible to get the full 74 without help from items, though...even the ceilings on Luigi's Mansion only let me hit 70.

In a real-life situation, I usually get between 30 and 40 on a solid hit.

(Oh, and as long as we're counting: a perfectly shorthopped Rock Smash maxes out at exactly 43%.)

Kantō

Smash Champion
i ussually do ivysaurs upsmash after bullet seed. it can kill at very low percents. also his up B is amazing if u can time it right. after bullet seed if ur oppenent is trying to excape by going to the right or left, hit him with an up B from the ground. if anything it will send him flying. there are better moves though...

Sontrowa

Smash Rookie
You are all BSing. Just doing a normal bullet seed into or right next to a person does like 12-16%.

Ah, I see. you peoples mean how many times you can quickly spam and juggle someone with it.

Frown

poekmon
The maximum possible damage is exactly 74%. The move will end on its own after a given duration, and the seeds do 70% if every last one hits, plus 4% for the initial pulse if they're standing near you when you start the move. You can see it by using it in the middle of a giant Bowser (Super Mushroom). I think it's impossible to get the full 74 without help from items, though...even the ceilings on Luigi's Mansion only let me hit 70.

In a real-life situation, I usually get between 30 and 40 on a solid hit.

(Oh, and as long as we're counting: a perfectly shorthopped Rock Smash maxes out at exactly 43%.)
Now THAT'S a good reply.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
You are all BSing. Just doing a normal bullet seed into or right next to a person does like 12-16%.

Ah, I see. you peoples mean how many times you can quickly spam and juggle someone with it.
Not sure if your confusion stems from this, but you can hold B and keep shooting seeds.

Sontrowa

Smash Rookie
Not sure if your confusion stems from this, but you can hold B and keep shooting seeds.

Yeah, that's where I got confused.
Earlier I tried rapidly tapping B thinking it would extend the bullet seed length. Like how Pit with keep doing side Side B if you keep tapping. Dunno why I didn't think to try holding it too.

Top Bottom