• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bugzzy, Flies in!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Who, or what, is Bugzzy?
Bugzzy is a Mid boss in the Kirby series, first appearing in Kirby's Adventure. When defeated and inhaled, he gave the backdrop ability, while in later games, he gave suplex. He is the only one to give these abilities, making him one of two midbosses who frequently reappear to have their own copy ability unique to them. He frequently reappears and is one of the most well known and recurring midbosses, alongside midbosses like Bonkers and Mr. Frosty.
Bugzzy.png
Bugzzy_trophy_3401.png

Why Bugzzy?
Bugzzy has some great moveset potential. Heres some specials as an example.
Neutral Special: Bugzzy Jr. Bugzzy summons two Bugzzy Jr. to fly around. Physical contact with one will deal damage.
Side Special: Backdrop. Bugzzy charges forward. If he hits someone, he'll grab them and do a backdrop. This acts as a command grab.
Up Special: Fly. Bugzzy flys up a short distance before being rendered helpless.
Down Special: Crash Down. Bugzzy jumps up and slams down.
Final Smash: Suplex Showdown. Bugzzy rams forward. Anyone caught in the hit will be brought to a cinematic in which Bugzzy uses numerous suplex moves on them.
As well as this, Bugzzy is well known among Kirby fans, and could be a good mid boss rep.
Wouldn't Bonkers or Bandana Dee work better?
Bonkers doesn't feel like a good fit unlike Bugzzy, who fits like a charm. The dee though, most likely will get in before him. However, he's still fair game for a second Kirby rep.
Do you support Bugzzy in Smash?

Supporters

Pokelego999
ZagarTulip
Sebas22
MacDaddyNook
PsychoIncarnate
sbhouse12345
Gengar84
Doc Monocle

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I think this could make an interesting character, take my support please!

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, most Kirby's allies/helpers can fit perfectly in Smash. Still, would be cool to see another grappler and Kirby rep in the game. Supported.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If he had a chance, I'd love to have him. Lovingly mis-named "Mr. Tweezers" as a kid, this has been my favorite Kirby baddie and Back Drop/Suplex is still my favorite Kirby ability.

sbhouse12345

Smash Rookie
Guys I just realized something
Spirits don't deconfirm because in world of light characters like lapras gain pysichal forms again when doing stuff[/QUOT
I think we can all agree that the spirits argument is dead at this point.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This thread has my support 100%. Bugzzy is the best kirby character EVER

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I love Bugzzy. He is my absolute favorite Kirby character. It would be a really nice surprise if he made it in somehow.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I love Bugzzy. He is my absolute favorite Kirby character. It would be a really nice surprise if he made it in somehow.
A flying, grappling, likely heavy, projectile capable Kirby representative... I like it. It is not the most probable pick, but I like it.
Mind if I add you two to the list?

Top Bottom