• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffering and Dancing Blade

nebulark

Smash Rookie
So after failing dancing blade (DB) multiple times during matches, I tried to train the timing in training mode and found some interesting things. This may be already known, but I have not found it posted anywhere:

During Dancing Blade, the game does not take any inputs but special button and the held direction during the press. When you want to perform an action after it you either have to have perfect timing or need to mash that action. This makes DB -> Up-air and DB -> Dash / Roll much more difficult.

Pressing special again (extremely) shortly after the first press cancels / finishes dancing blade. If you do this you cant input any action anymore until the current DB-animation finishes and nothing can be buffered. This makes the timing for the dancing blade comber difficult. Do it too fast and it cancels, too slow and it doesn't combo (according to training mode). One upside of this is that you can use this do do an special move after dancing blade without continuing it. For example you could cancel DB and then mash the b-button to perform a shieldbreaker.

For me this makes performing the DB combo very difficult. Especially as the timing is different for hitting and not hitting something, due to hitlag. So I would like to know how you do it. Did you just lab it until you got it or do you have some trick to help you?

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
I just press B in short intervals rather than mashing. Lag makes the combo especially hard, but there really isn't a trick. Just wait a quarter second between B presses. Think of it sort of like a beat or a rhythm.

Top Bottom