• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffalo NY Weekly Smash Group

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
Details:
We play Project M. All skill levels are welcome.

Currently running three TVs/Wiis. Feel free to bring more.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1456 Delaware Ave/@42.923858,-78.867771,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89d312c3cb24c6f1:0x9f0c3308e045f629
We are on Delaware Ave. across from Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Time:
Scheduled Saturdays
7-12(midnight)

Gmail: PlixikBW

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/buffalosmash/

Please contact me in some way or join the Facebook group so I know who is showing up.

Currently Scheduled:

Last edited:

obsidianchao

Smash Rookie
Would love to come down, been trying to find local Smashers to play with for ages. I live up on Elmwood, about 4 miles away, and it looks like I'd be able to hitch the 25 right down to your place. I'll be sure to attempt to scrounge up bus money (or walk for an hour, that's not too bad) and head down sometime!

Also, I've got a setup running this version of PM: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1vdar4/a_78_stage_build_for_project_m_302_back_and/ if there'd be interest in hauling it.

Last edited:

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
We just held the first official Weekly Smash yesterday and it was a lot of fun. We had 6 people, but no new faces yet. It's going to remain small scale until we can get some more TVs and Wiis set up. I plan to go buy some used TVs and set up seating in our empty first floor for next month.

Would love to come down, been trying to find local Smashers to play with for ages. I live up on Elmwood, about 4 miles away, and it looks like I'd be able to hitch the 25 right down to your place. I'll be sure to attempt to scrounge up bus money (or walk for an hour, that's not too bad) and head down sometime!

Also, I've got a setup running this version of PM: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1vdar4/a_78_stage_build_for_project_m_302_back_and/ if there'd be interest in hauling it.
Sounds great. I look forward to playing some new people. If you just mean bringing the SD card over then yea sure, bring it over. We have Wiis, but not enough SDs with Project M on them.

Last edited:

obsidianchao

Smash Rookie
We just held the first official Weekly Smash yesterday and it was a lot of fun. We had 6 people, but no new faces yet. It's going to remain small scale until we can get some more TVs and Wiis set up. I plan to go buy some used TVs and set up seating in our empty first floor for next month.

Sounds great. I look forward to playing some new people. If you just mean bringing the SD card over then yea sure, bring it over. We have Wiis, but not enough SDs with Project M on them.
Would bringing just an SD card work? I use CFG USB Loader to boot, but I think booting via Gecko would work too? I've only used this method, so I'm not quite sure.

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
Would bringing just an SD card work? I use CFG USB Loader to boot, but I think booting via Gecko would work too? I've only used this method, so I'm not quite sure.
I've only loaded Project M via SD card/stage builder, so I'm not sure. I plan to set up multiple Wiis anyways, so it couldn't hurt to bring one.

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
I changed up some of the information in the first post and removed the address. If you already have the address then that is fine, but otherwise contact me and join the Facebook group to see the exact address.

shorthoplaser

Smash Rookie
A few friends and myself play about an hour away from Buffalo so we'd probably be able to come up some weekends. We definitely want to find some other people to play with so lemme get back to you guys after I see if it will be feasible for us.

obsidianchao

Smash Rookie
Hopefully will be able to make it this weekend, just put an app into the Facebook group. If the times are the the same, though, would only be able to stay until 10-11ish, girlfriend's sketched out by the west side late at night, haha.

Hope I can make it! I'm not quite that good at Smash, but I'll do my best.

lilo

Smash Cadet
Haha yea it's kind of an open time slot, can come and go with whatever works best for you. Show up a little early if you want.
And as far as the area I can understand the concern but honestly we live in a rather nice spot. It's all family homes and old people lol, but you'll see when you're able to make it.

obsidianchao

Smash Rookie
Haha yea it's kind of an open time slot, can come and go with whatever works best for you. Show up a little early if you want.
And as far as the area I can understand the concern but honestly we live in a rather nice spot. It's all family homes and old people lol, but you'll see when you're able to make it.
We just don't want to hitch a bus at a late time; neither of us have cars, and usually walk everywhere, but it's an hour and a half walk down there. We'll probably come down around three or four, then!

shorthoplaser

Smash Rookie
Not going to make it up this weekend but myself and a friend will try for next Saturday, weather pending of course. I'll attempt to join the Facebook group now though since we definitely intend on coming up eventually.

shorthoplaser

Smash Rookie
Also for future reference, I have a wii console and project m I could bring if necessary. I don't have a spare T.V. though, so I don't know if it would be worth bringing the partial set-up.

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
Not going to make it up this weekend but myself and a friend will try for next Saturday, weather pending of course. I'll attempt to join the Facebook group now though since we definitely intend on coming up eventually.
I approved you and I will be sure to invite you to next week.

Also for future reference, I have a wii console and project m I could bring if necessary. I don't have a spare T.V. though, so I don't know if it would be worth bringing the partial set-up.
We may need more Wiis once we acquire more TVs, but for the moment we are fine.

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
I figured I'd give this thread an update since it's still going on. We'll be doing the 5th Smash bash this Saturday from 8-12.

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
Not very big. We'll probably be 8 or so people this Saturday. I would like to continue to get more people and set up more TVs though to do something bigger. We were doing it weekly at first, but I'm currently looking at doing it once a month and trying to make it more into a tourny than just friendlies as it was.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I'm thinking about playing more Project M. Do you guys still get together, and also are any of you interested in Melee?

PlixiK

Smash Cadet
We are doing a Smash group jam this Saturday, June 21st at 7:00pm - midnight for any who would like to join us.

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
Hey guys! I just found this thread, and I could meet up tonight to play some PM. I've been looking for people to play with on a regular basis, as I only have a couple of friends who play smash. I sent a request to the facebook group already.

lilo

Smash Cadet
if anyone can't make it but wants to check it out I'm running a kind of a test stream on one of our TVs. it's nothing fancy as it's more or less a casual event but trying it out before our next one.

www.twitch.tv/lilodot

yokothewolf

Smash Rookie
Trying to get back into playing Smash, been a good few years since I even picked up a controller. Recently moved into the NY area, so I figured I would scout around. Be open to any help/advice. Especially since I am not familiar with the area yet.

Top Bottom