• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bucket Stalling and mindgame review

sTIMulant

Smash Apprentice
Well first of all ever since they got rid of wavedashing, l-cancel and added that awesome feature of tripping bull shxt! cough* cough* things have been harder for ol' mr game and watch. so of course to distract us us from this theyt upped his arsenal a bit.

that said im going to go over a few techniques i use with GaW to keep my opponent on thier toes.

first theres Dash Dancing- this makes it so you can juke your opponent by moving very quickly back and forth this is a very basic form of mind games and can be performed by any character.

next is the foxtrot- this is another very basic technique of dashing and canceling the dash not letting your opponent know when you will actually get to them

now that ive covered the basics here are a few GaW savvy tricks

Bucket Stalling- by repeatedly hiting your down B it dramatically affects the time it takes to reach the ground.
if you use Dsmash alot like i do your opponent will know to ready an attack before you make it down but if you bucket stall and then slow fall with your key and then quickly Dsmash they wont know whats coming giving you time to tech chase and finsh them off.

its just that little bit of irratic or un orthodox movement that makes a GaW player great.

Top Bottom