• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bthrow to bair KO move?

IDK

Smash Lord
well at first ill say it's a "meh... OK KO move." you can use it to set up edgeguards though. just do a bthrow and cstick the bair with nana. to get them off the stage. I don't know much about IC because i don't play with them i just mess around with their CG's in training lol. anyway i found this trying to see if you could do a bthrow - nana fair for the spike. You can actually, but it's really tough timing. It's kind of like the timing of fthrow to nana fair. Yes, i said fthrow, not d throw. For, the dthrow-nana fair spike, you have to be way closer to the edge Than the fthrow-nana fair. The timing is just different. Anyway, yeah. tell me if the bthrow-fair spike or bair are known.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Bthrow -> bair was a better KO method in Melee, where their Bair was beast as hell.

I don't really like IC's new Bair. Too much Knockback to combo but not enough to KO reliably.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I've known about this and have done this but as bigmack said it's tough to time. Half of the time I end up landing a b-air instead or n-air to be safe.

I don't try it often because I'm usually facing the edge when I have someone in a grab. :)

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
you might as well just charge a smash instead of a bair of fair.
Not only is it usually more effective, but the easier timing makes it more reliable.

infomon

Smash Scientist
you might as well just charge a smash instead of a bair of fair.
Not only is it usually more effective, but the easier timing makes it more reliable.
This is what makes me sad about the ICs. They have so many cool moves, that are strictly worse than doing one of the usual certain-death CG techs. If you're good enough at them, that is.

Top Bottom