• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BRSAR Extraction Help

JohnTravolski

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I found a .wad file for some Nintendo Downloadable WiiWare game called "Art Style: Light Trax." This game, I think, has a lot of good music in it, so I did what I could in order to extract the files from it. My searches led me to "Wii Music Rip Tools V2," and following some instructions, I managed to extract a .BRSAR file from it called "dotstream2.brsar." There were NO other music files (no BRSTMs) located anywhere in anything that I extracted.

So I tried to open the BRSAR with BrawlBox and, nicely, I can see all of the files within it! However, after looking through all of the files, I've found that I have no way to play them or extract them. Look here:
As you can see, I have found where I believe all of the background music to be. However, the audio stream for all of the files seems to be faded out, as you can see in the picture above, and I have no way to play them. I tried to extract several as .wav files, but all I get is an empty .wav file with no audio in it (it's zero bytes). I was hoping to find some .BRSTM files located somewhere in here, because I really, really like the music from this game and I would love to use it in some narrations (having it in a looping format would allow me to extend it infinitely thanks to Export Loop VB) but I don't know what I can do from this point.

Basically, I need some directions to find other tools that I can use to extract these files. I've heard of Ripping Mama and BRSAR_Unpack00, but there're no readme files located in either of those and I have found no tutorials. Perhaps I can't play these files in BrawlBox because it needs some kind of plugin that I'm unaware of, I don't know, but I would love to extract these files. (I assume that there can be BRSTM files located in a BRSAR file, but I could be wrong. It would be preferable to obtain the background music in BRSTM format so that it would loop, but they seem to be some kind of "RSAR" file, which I know nothing about.) Any help or guidance would be appreciated tremendously.

It should also be noted that I'm trying to achieve the same thing with BCSAR and BFSAR files, for which I know BrawlBox cannot open.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Basically, I need some directions to find other tools that I can use to extract these files. I've heard of Ripping Mama and BRSAR_Unpack00, but there's no readme files located in either of those and I have found no tutorials.
I just made a thread that can probably resolve your dilemma. Actually, I was just going to reply to you, but I figured that more people had this problem and I saw no form of assistance on here about the whole thing, so I just went out and made a whole thread about it altogether.

http://smashboards.com/threads/brsar-files-how-to-unpack-them.413675/

It should also be noted that I'm trying to achieve the same thing with BCSAR and BFSAR files, for which I know BrawlBox cannot open.
To my knowledge, there is no simple way to do this with BSCAR or BFSAR files as it is with BRSAR files.

Top Bottom