• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BRONIES!!!

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I have a feeling this discussion needs to be in the debate hall.
If this deserves to be in the debate hall then I guess so does "I don't get why people like vanilla ice cream? Doesn't make any sense, chocolate ice cream is clearly superior" or "Who ACTUALLY likes country and rap music, both are dumb I don't get it"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If this deserves to be in the debate hall then I guess so does "I don't get why people like vanilla ice cream? Doesn't make any sense, chocolate ice cream is clearly superior" or "Who ACTUALLY likes country and rap music, both are dumb I don't get it"
To be fair, country music is dumb :^)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That's a opinion. Other people disagree
There's no point in acting dumb. Look, you posted this:
If you watch the show, whatever. As long as you don't obsess over it. And PLEASE DONT PONIFY EVERYTHING! It's really cringey.

I like Kill La Kill. Is it a good show? Yes. But I don't obsess, have body pillows, and make fan art of everyone in a senketsu suit.
Finding it cringey is okay. But you're telling people to stop what they're doing because you don't enjoy it. If they were shoving it in your face, I could understand, but they're not.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
It's a show made for little girls. It's about as respectable as a grown man playing with barbie dolls.
Playing with Barbie dolls is the epitome of manliness, so you're basically saying watching My Little Pony is also a epitome of manliness?

I can dig that.

SandwichPride

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5370-0595-1635
There's no point in acting dumb. Look, you posted this:

Finding it cringey is okay. But you're telling people to stop what they're doing because you don't enjoy it. If they were shoving it in your face, I could understand, but they're not.
Well then your opinion, my opinion, and everyone else's opinion doesn't even matter in the slightest.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Well then your opinion, my opinion, and everyone else's opinion doesn't even matter in the slightest.
That's exactly right. An opinion only really matters to the individual that has it.

I think it's likely that most people don't even know what it is we're watching. They think we watch something like the older generations of My Little Pony. What we're watching is something new and very differet-something that is intellectually stimulating and even holds some good 'parables,' like a lot of cartoons do.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Really not a fan of the Brony fandom, but anyone of any age or gender should be able to enjoy MLP! I can see why Friendship is Magic got so popular, I'm a fan, too.

PrincessDoorknobs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silent.Rhy
I watched it enjoyed it got slightly into the fandom and then left really it's lik leve any other community, I think it depends on what people you meet, I've made lots of interesting close friends while I was apart of it and I still talk to them today, but I tend to watch a lot of cartoons, really like Steven Universe, but if you don't understand why people like it. It's either one thing other people like it and are into it, or some people really are into it. If any connection it's very light-hearted ish like Steven Universe I guess.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I don't know much about television history, but Bronies I guess are like modern-day Trekkies (not that Trekkies don't exist anymore!) And the Bob's Burger episode about Tina going to a Pony convention was entertaining. I know a couple of people that draw Pony/Furry art (a lot of it NSFW) and while I think it's weird people do that, to each their own. Aside from that, a lot of the fanart is beautiful.

I think Friendship is Magic has nice animation, plus it's cute and simple. I like Rarity the most.

Remember that game where you'd Google "(your name) the hedgehog" into images and see what you got? It applies to MLP, too :)

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
It was one of those moments when I found that Lauren faust wrote some storyline for Foster imaginary friends. No wonder they relates to MLP. The more you know.

Last edited:

Saucen

Bruh
NNID
FangMaGuoLai
People can like whatever they want its when people let it become who they are that it annoys me and this is a big problem in the Brony community.

You like MLP, thats fine but don't let it define you.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've seen the show on multiple occasions but it didn't quite grab me like other modern cartoons nowadays. I have no problem with bronies since they can find something they can appreciate in a fun and quirky community. Sure, there are freaks within the fanbase but that shouldn't warrant everyone a negative label.

This is all coming from the guy who collects Toy Story toys and obsesses over Disney and other Western Animation. As long as no one is harmed through their actions, bronies don't bother me.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Hello!

Looking through the forums, I came across this thread...

Let's get a mindset that everyone has preferences, and no one should really be bothered by the brony community, no matter how attached they can get to the show. Myself, I do not watch the show, and likely won't ever at some point, but I want to get along with people and not judge them by what they watch or what they are interested in.

Unfortunately, this is the Internet, and as such, nobody is looking for harmony. No one can live equally, it's the circle of life. There are the trolls, the CoD fans, the bronies, and many more that can come to mind, and nobody is equal and at peace in my opinion. Everyone always has something to argue about here, and it pains me to know that.

Call me a sympathizer all you want, but my case still stands. I think everyone should be treated with care no matter what your beliefs may be.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm a brony / pegasister / whatever the colloquial term for a gender-neutral fan of My Little Pony is. I go to a lot of cons and the vast majority of the fans I've met are nice, friendly people. The fan subculture and distinct commitment to fan-produced work reminds of the Touhou fandom. That makes me happy.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
I don't have problem with people liking MLP regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, or any other inclinations which are out of their control.
I also don't have a problem with people liking Nickelback regardless of those same factors. I just don't get why anyone would like either.

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of things in the world I don't understand. Then I realize that it isn't my place to understand why people like what they like and do what they do. So if it doesn't hurt anyone, then who am I to say what you can and cannot like?

Top Bottom