• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BRONIES!!!

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Idk... i dont get it... i watched the show with my little cusin.. shes eight and she gets it. feeling on bronies or maybe explain or something. it just made me uncomfortable more than anything to think duders my age and older are into this stuff.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not into MLP myself, but it's simple, they enjoy it. There really isn't much else to get.

I mean, look at you, you play Smash Bros. Why not play Mortal Kombat, a mature fighting game with lots of blood and gore (and a dedicated block button whatthe****isthis****!!!!)

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I only recently started watching MLP and always what was the fuss about but not I see why lots of 'bronies' like it. For one, the artstyle in my opinion is quite appealing. The characters, or in this case ponies, make the show with each pony having their own different personality trait. There's also some really cool references here and there.

I understand that you feel uncomfortable with males your age liking MLP but it's best to be open-minded about these things. It's the same as how most people see Pokémon as something just for children but I know a ton of people my age who are 18+ that are still huge fans of Pokémon, me included. Just like @ Kurri ★ Kurri ★ said, bronies enjoy MLP and that's all there is to it.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Watch this. It was made by part of the show staff( and others ) to explain why bronies exist and who they are.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
When I try watching MLP makes me wanna watch Foster imaginary friends so I watch that instead.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
It's a show made for little girls. It's about as respectable as a grown man playing with barbie dolls.

It's a show made for little girls. It's about as respectable as a grown man playing with barbie dolls.
Totally. It's absolutely deplorable.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a tea party with my anime figures.

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't care about bronies ....well now
When I was big on tf2(team fortress 2) I HATED them the only servers I could find were ether skyrimXmlp or filled with poney sprays(in game you can spray pictures on walls floors etc)and it did not make me quit forever but after the 200th server I quit for the whole day and watched ether tf2 videos or top 10s and it was this that I found out a smash 4 was in development this was after mega man was announced and got back into the game because I liked brawl(ewww filthy casual)and I tryed other games like melee and smash 64 until smash4 was released (then went back to melee,pm and smash 64) so tf2 became my "I'm board let's play a game I use to play" game
So I guess I should be thankful for bronies and all of their pride

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
I personally don't think the show is anything special. I've tried watching it and just don't understand what's so great. I have no problems with the people who do like the show, it's just not for my tastes.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
They like it but... Why. Like how
What do you mean how? They find it to be enjoyable and funny. I'm sure if you asked a fan, they'd give you a more thought out answer, but the basic answer is, they find it to be worth their time. The real question is, why does it bother you? Are people your age not allowed to watch MLP?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Isn't MLP irrelevant now?

Hunybear

Smash Ace
What do you mean how? They find it to be enjoyable and funny. I'm sure if you asked a fan, they'd give you a more thought out answer, but the basic answer is, they find it to be worth their time. The real question is, why does it bother you? Are people your age not allowed to watch MLP?
no they can like MLP all they want.. Really I don't care about them I just want to know why.. The animation is asteticly appealing but nothing special. (Or close to impressive) the story.. Kills me with stupid.. Am I the only one who think all the ponys have striper names. The characters are a deep as a kiddie pool.. And the subject matter dosnt targets the demographic of people who need to shave.. im not hating I'm confused

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I mistaken this thread to be named "Brownies"...... but getting to the point, I don't get bronies. Why do they watch MLP in the first place? I don't know. Why don't they get a better future in life? They'd watch MLP. (no offense. but I'm not talking about bronies who partially watch it and do what they need to do.)
EXACTLY

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
no they can like MLP all they want.. Really I don't care about them I just want to know why..
So in other words, you do care. If you didn't you wouldn't have started a thread about it. Not to mention, you say you don't care, but then you say this:
The animation is asteticly appealing but nothing special. (Or close to impressive) the story.. Kills me with stupid.. Am I the only one who think all the ponys have striper names. The characters are a deep as a kiddie pool.. And the subject matter dosnt targets the demographic of people who need to shave.. im not hating I'm confused
It's obviously bothering you that people your age and older are able to enjoy this show; and yes, you are hating. Look, I don't watch My Little Pony, so I can't go into depth on why someone may enjoy it. But the fact of the matter is, they like it. Why can't you just grow up and accept that people like what you don't?

I mistaken this thread to be named "Brownies"...... but getting to the point, I don't get bronies. Why do they watch MLP in the first place? I don't know. Why don't they get a better future in life? They'd watch MLP. (no offense. but I'm not talking about bronies who partially watch it and do what they need to do.)
"I don't get Smashers. Why do they play Smash in the first place? I don't know. Why don't they get a better future in life?"

I'm sorry, but does that look dumb to anyone else? How is watching My Little Pony, and getting a better future even remotely related? How can you say this and still play a game about trophies that fight each other?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I was in the fandom from until sometime around the gap between seasons 2 and 3.
S1 and S2 were genuinely funny (albeit with some annoying parts – I always mute the songs), but S3 was crap, and the fandom got too obnoxious for even me to stand around that time.

That said, some of my best memories are in the early fandom, and I've made friends there who've helped me through some extremely tough times.

Kids' shows really should do their best to appeal to parents as well because kids will force their parents and older siblings to watch their shows as a captive audience. That's just how little kids are. They don't understand the concept of other people not liking what they like. And, for a while, MLP was a genuinely entertaining cartoon that the forced older audience didn't have to suffer through.

Last edited:

TerraCaty'

Smash Cadet
NNID
IndubitablyMe
3DS FC
1118-0357-0894
In general when talking about an audience of a product that's generally frowned upon by many who don't understand the subject the best way to look at is this:
Who really cares?
Yeah it's a show that's tailored to a young demographic
But the point of a cartoon is entertainment and enjoyment
Same goes video, games, music, art, sports ect.
I'm not a brony at all but since the pass-time I love the most (gaming) is often criticized for very similar reasons, I kinda understand the appeal.
ESPECIALLY when talking about animation.
In general the a majority of the bronies I've come across and talk to focus on a few points about the show.
It's cute. It's decently written. And the characters are likable.
Those reasons alone are enough to justify liking the show but bring current animation and television into the mix and you'll get an even BETTER idea about it.
Think of adult/teen media. How much of it is animation that tries not to be something like Family Guy or Southpark, not counting anime.
Not much. For awhile now everything has really been so grossly generalized that TV and animation in general are heavily saturated with "adult satire" and "drama"
so much in fact that many (like myself) have signed off of using TV at all and stick to the web.
I think it's kinda clear how something like MLP that doesn't take it's self too seriously and does it's own thing is refreshing.
And if you're going to bring the fact that it's for girls into the mix your point is completely invalid.
That's like saying men shouldn't use soap that's beneficial to their skin just because it's labeled for women.
It's dumb. Gender stereotyping is dumb.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
So instead of having a discussion you resort to overused memes?
You got my opinion changed there, and I say that since my friends say its a way to end a conversation for them (works for them.) I realized that I was wrong until 30 min. later after my post.

SandwichPride

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5370-0595-1635
If you watch the show, whatever. As long as you don't obsess over it. And PLEASE DONT PONIFY EVERYTHING! It's really cringey.

I like Kill La Kill. Is it a good show? Yes. But I don't obsess, have body pillows, and make fan art of everyone in a senketsu suit.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You got my opinion changed there, and I say that since my friends say its a way to end a conversation for them (works for them.) I realized that I was wrong until 30 min. later after my post.
Oh, wait, so you weren't calling me salty? Okay.

If you watch the show, whatever. As long as you don't obsess over it. And PLEASE DONT PONIFY EVERYTHING! It's really cringey.

I like Kill La Kill. Is it a good show? Yes. But I don't obsess, have body pillows, and make fan art of everyone in a senketsu suit.
Yeah, but others do and they do it because they enjoy it. It's a way to express they're love and appreciation of the series. Are you trying to say you're better than someone because you don't have a body pillow? Who cares. It's just a body pillow. I wouldn't buy one, but someone else would, more power to them.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Considering there's a discussion about it, and there are people defending it, no.
Obviously it's relevant to a thread about it. But in general it has become pretty goddamn irrelevant.

The only people outside of the fandom that care at all are either overdue "I don't get the appeal" peeps or tenacious "anti-brony" helmet-sporters.

No but that won't help with your autism.
Not nice!

Top Bottom