• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Controller (Please help)

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
I do not know if this is the exact thread to be posting this in but I'm in dire need of help.

Earlier today I decided to play Sm4sh (ew lol) and about an hour to two hours in my controller stopped working. The C-Stick just won't respond anymore. I booted up 20XX to see if any of its inputs were being detected and everything but the C-Stick works fine.

Now this would not be a problem if it was the D-Pad or even the X button but it obviously poses some difficulty playing Melee (and just smash in general)

I will post pics of the internal workings of the controller in this same thread.

If anyone has any idea of what to do, I'm open to anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Xandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
xandrasmash
This happened to my Gamecube a couple weeks ago. I've since gotten a new one. Tbh, it depends on how long you've owned the controller and how good the quality of it was in the first place. If you've owned it for some time, that part of it might've just finally conked out (sometimes parts of controllers conk out before the whole thing does). If it was a non-Nintendo controller, those also tend to have issues with the C sticks breaking. That's what happened with my Gamecube anyway.

TL;DR how long have you had it? Is it a Nintendo Gamecube or is it a bootleg Gamecube? Because some of those things are deciding factors in what's wrong with it.

Top Bottom