• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Broken Circle Pad. Is New 3DS XL any sturdier?

Beanpaul

Smash Rookie
So I have the early ambassador 3ds, and after months of playing smash the circle pad started ghosting to the left; the system is now unusable.

I'm thinking of buying a new one, but here's the quesion. Is the New 3DS XL or New 3DS any sturdier than the earlier versions?

I prefer to not use the C-stick because it's too small and requires increased thumb movement.

Last edited:

Newtonjar

Smash Cadet
Have you tried to go to your local game store or send it to nintendo? I mean I can't guarantee anything but they have worked miracles.

Beanpaul

Smash Rookie
Have you tried to go to your local game store or send it to nintendo? I mean I can't guarantee anything but they have worked miracles.
I was actually considering it, but then decided that I also want a bigger screen. Besides, what's the point of repairing it if it's going to break again?

I just want to know if the new 3ds is any more sturdier. If it isn't any better, then I'll probably fix the disposable old one and use it for smash only while the new one for other games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The rubber seems kind of improved (to me, at least), but to be honest, it isn't much better than the old machines. It shouldn't break when playing under normal use. As long as you don't press hard in it, you'll be fine.

Top Bottom