• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brief Lucario Move(s) Walkthrough, No Customs (Courtesy of ETIKA)

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
I've seen this video on reddit but nowhere on smashboards yet. If it's already posted I apologize. Anywho, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bEjNgzlgs

What are everyone's thoughts? I am overall very pleased with the new Lucario. His full aura UpB is going to be legendary as well as his SideB. Big fan of all his tilts and aerials, everything in general looks to come out quicker :D

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
When that upB can be controlled to sweetspot ledge snap or get a nicely placed wall cling it will be insane. Also when you knock an opponent to the other side of the stage you could look flashy/badass flying to the other side of the stage to get prepared for when they land or whatever.

the side b looks amazing and fun to play around with. too bad i'm almost positive they're no longer able to be chained together

still sad if fair ->nair is no longer a combo like someone said in the other thread along with the dash attack to uptilt combo.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sad that Lucario's lost the ability to string his ariels together, but this video has me pumped to try him out. I think he'll still have a strong game even if he doesn't have as strong an air game this time.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
Yaah Fair/Nair/follow-ups and dash/uptilt will be missed, but I'm okay with that we will discover other combos. Maybe he'll be more ground oriented this time around? At least his dash now looks alot faster and safer.

All 3 tilts look BOSSY imo.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Still disgusted at the thought of more ground game because so far from what I've seen no one knows how to leave the ground in all these smash 4 streams. They make it seem like aerials are taboo but I guess this could be from the 3ds controls/unfamiliarity of the character.

I think in top level play lucario players should risk a lot offstage for gimps and kills because a controlled upB looks like a safe ticket back on the stage no matter what.
(JUST MY OPINION RIGHT NOW COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG AS THE META DEVELOPS)
and yeah his tilts are super kewt

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The main problem is lack of Cstick for aerials. A lot of characters will benefit from doing retreating fairs and bairs. If you try to do an aerial, you sometimes accidentally commit to the direction you press because the 3DS control nub...it ain't good.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Watching that was a good reminder of what I can look forward to for 5mash Lucario since I won't be getting Sm4sh on the 3DS, but I'll be there for WiiU.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Wow... A lot of his moves at 0% got hardcore nerfed... All throws doing 5-6%? Ew.

Is there a sweetspot on that Dash attack near the beginning or does that just do 5%? Mega Lucario did 14% with that...
UTilt/DTilt 3% when Luc's at 0%? Ehhh.

So Lucario's USmash functions a bit like Marth's USmash with a weak hitbox hitting up next to him... Hmmm.

FSmash doing 12% at full charge at 0%...

Fully Charge Aura Sphere at 0% does 11%, hmmm... 29% at max...

Sooooo.... The Aura boost is probably somewhere between... 14 Max/5 Min Dash Attack = 2.8 power and 29 Max/11 Min Aura Sphere = 2.636 power.

I probably wouldn't go aggrocario offstage at low %s unless if it was against Little Mac or something.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
Hahahaaha nooo idea he had bonerush, that would have been a cool custom move.

i've seen a few videos since i posted this thread and lucarios dash attack pops people up in a pretty good spot to follow up in the air, its just not the same as his dash->Uptilt->etc,etc. I like this new dash better and it does appear to have some type of sweet/sour spots........... CAN WE GETTA WII U RELEASE DATE ALREADY!?! :demon:

Gune

Smash Lord
bonerush was marowaks signature in gen 1
it claims sig rights
Bonemerang is Marowaks signature move Bonerush is not, Along with force palm, aura sphere and metal claw even though these moves are not exclusive to Lucario they are the moves that we always see him use in anime and games therefore it kinda make them his signature moves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom