• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
http://strawpoll.me/5805865
I may have cheated by putting Wolf, Snake, and Icies together
You know if you did IC's, Wolf, and Inlkings that would've been my dream DLC, but nooooooo, you had to go around and make sense.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyway not IC related, but Wolf fans don't seem to like the idea of changing his specials so since you guys are awesome I'll ask it here. Wolf's specials, while not clone moves are very similar to the other spacie's specials (up-b- multidirectional recovery, side-b- quick horizontal recovery, neutral-b- projectile, down-b- reflector). So I was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas for new special attacks for Wolf?

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
http://strawpoll.me/5805865
I may have cheated by putting Wolf, Snake, and Icies together
And it's not even in first place -_-

So today is October 23. You know what that means? It's been a whole year since DLC was first announced with Mewtwo! I remember it like it was yesterday. So what do we have to celebrate? ... Um, Yoshi's Wooly World, Super Mario Maker, Smash DLC wave 3 from last month, uh.... Well, Sakurai did tell us to be patient, but I'd just like to hear updates and stuff on anything. Especially since the same issue is present in the Zelda and Star Fox departments. I miss hearing Sakurai's words of wisdom every other week. But I believe there's going to be some kind of Famitsu update coming November 2, so I hope that day marks the beginning of the end of the Nintendo News Drought of 2015.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
And it's not even in first place -_-

So today is October 23. You know what that means? It's been a whole year since DLC was first announced with Mewtwo! I remember it like it was yesterday. So what do we have to celebrate? ... Um, Yoshi's Wooly World, Super Mario Maker, Smash DLC wave 3 from last month, uh.... Well, Sakurai did tell us to be patient, but I'd just like to hear updates and stuff on anything. Especially since the same issue is present in the Zelda and Star Fox departments. I miss hearing Sakurai's words of wisdom every other week. But I believe there's going to be some kind of Famitsu update coming November 2, so I hope that day marks the beginning of the end of the Nintendo News Drought of 2015.
Many think it's going to be the new mobile game. I hope that's not it.

Furret24

Smash Master
Because I hate mobile games, and am not really interested in seeing one revealed while I'm starving for some new games.
Eh, I still don't see what the everybody's beef with them is.

Personally, i'm glad that Nintendo is actually trying to branch out for once.
:gawmelee:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Eh, I still don't see what the everybody's beef with them is.

Personally, i'm glad that Nintendo is actually trying to branch out for once.
:gawmelee:
I'm fine with them branching out, they wanna do mobile I'm cool with it; but acting like mobile game announcements are a big deal is a joke. Not worth getting hyped over, especially with the information drought going on as long as it has. I want to know about real games, not cheaply made cash-grabs.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Had a ginormous misfire on the Wolf thread trying to be creative and I broke a rule. Now I have conflicted feelings of being a rebel and being ashamed.

Anyways, I'd love to some classic Nintendo games on Mobile (like Ice Climbers). Although, I think they said somewhere that they would focus on creating New games designed for mobile....3D Ice Climbers??

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm fine with them branching out, they wanna do mobile I'm cool with it; but acting like mobile game announcements are a big deal is a joke. Not worth getting hyped over, especially with the information drought going on as long as it has. I want to know about real games, not cheaply made cash-grabs.
That's generalizing mobile games quite a bit. Not all are cheap cash grabs. Look at things like Monument Valley.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Had a ginormous misfire on the Wolf thread trying to be creative and I broke a rule. Now I have conflicted feelings of being a rebel and being ashamed.

Anyways, I'd love to some classic Nintendo games on Mobile (like Ice Climbers). Although, I think they said somewhere that they would focus on creating New games designed for mobile....3D Ice Climbers??
Is Etkia against the rules over there or something? What'd you do exactly?

That's generalizing mobile games quite a bit. Not all are cheap cash grabs. Look at things like Monument Valley.
Nintendo makes cheap games to make a quick buck as it is anyway, I doubt they're going to start spending a fortune making ground-breaking mobile games. They'll act like they are, sure, but their entrance into the mobile game market is pretty clearly to capture the market, not much else. Even then, I'd prefer them to spend more time making games to support consoles and customers they already have. It's annoying that they're making such a big deal out of this when puzzle games, endless runners, and crappy RPG's are all they really need to do to make a killing on the mobile market.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I really don't like the whole mobile craze, but I understand it has a place in the market I guess. Pokemon GO seems fine for what it's worth and I've seen Puzzle & Dragons ads, but I'd rather get that game on 3DS. It's sad to see that mobile games reveal how much of a minority us console gamers are, and I occasionally, only occasionally, feel like game companies are catering less and less to us as casual mobile games are huge now.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I really don't like the whole mobile craze, but I understand it has a place in the market I guess. Pokemon GO seems fine for what it's worth and I've seen Puzzle & Dragons ads, but I'd rather get that game on 3DS. It's sad to see that mobile games reveal how much of a minority us console gamers are, and I occasionally, only occasionally, feel like game companies are catering less and less to us as casual mobile games are huge now.
This is what worries me. A couple years ago, I would've laughed at someone saying console gaming is dying and that mobile/PC is taking over. Seems like a real possibility now that Nintendo is deciding to adapt instead of continuing to fight against it. My hope for Nintendo's mobile is that they make simple, crappy games as a form of advertisement for the actual games for their handheld/home consoles, but I'm honestly starting to think games like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and others will start to find their way on mobile exclusively, as the market fits them perfectly.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Is Etkia against the rules over there or something? What'd you do exactly?

Nintendo makes cheap games to make a quick buck as it is anyway, I doubt they're going to start spending a fortune making ground-breaking mobile games. They'll act like they are, sure, but their entrance into the mobile game market is pretty clearly to capture the market, not much else. Even then, I'd prefer them to spend more time making games to support consoles and customers they already have. It's annoying that they're making such a big deal out of this when puzzle games, endless runners, and crappy RPG's are all they really need to do to make a killing on the mobile market.
Oh nah, I made a silly little mini topic where we'd create a new Subspace Emissary with Sm4sh 4 characters, completely forgetting that it was a thread for a specific character. I changed it to a link to Etika's thread--but you can see my original post in quotes in the post below mine. I was shocked at first but now I understand I went way off topic.
*nervous the moderators may be watching* How about them Ice Climbers, huh? You think it's more fair if we get them exclusively for Wii U but have to pay for them? I mean it must be tempting with data just sitting there.

edit: Now that I think about it, I posted a link of my Poll to every thread whose character was in it. Maybe some mods took note of me--"Keep an eye on this one, Frank"

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Oh nah, I made a silly little mini topic where we'd create a new Subspace Emissary with Sm4sh 4 characters, completely forgetting that it was a thread for a specific character. I changed it to a link to Etika's thread--but you can see my original post in quotes in the post below mine. I was shocked at first but now I understand I went way off topic.
*nervous the moderators may be watching* How about them Ice Climbers, huh? You think it's more fair if we get them exclusively for Wii U but have to pay for them? I mean it must be tempting with data just sitting there.

edit: Now that I think about it, I posted a link of my Poll to every thread whose character was in it. Maybe some mods took note of me--"Keep an eye on this one, Frank"
I wouldn't get too worried about it. Just acknowledge that you broke a rule in the thread and apologise and you'll probably be forgiven.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So is it just a general smash bros thread now or what?
Essentially I would hope that the whole character boards here and continues business as usual unofficially with looser restrictions. (being off topic is fine for instance).
I think it would just be better to have the whole community in one place instead of a bunch of separate pockets around the site.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well apparently this is the last week of this thread. Just wanted to say that you guys are awesome, and I hope to see you on the future Ice Climber social thread.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Wait, why is this thread shutting down?

Furret24

Smash Master
The character discussion boards are shutting down as a whole. Which is why we are trying to migrate to oni's All Character Support Group. I could send you an invite I think to join. Although someone needs to make a Icies thread there.
If there is a group, drop me an invite.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, I wouldn't mind an invite either. If all my threads are moving, I'd like to know about it so I'm not the only member left in each...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So I made another Ice Climber discussion/support thread over in the social forum. It's more of a holdover until this one takes over, but I kinda like how it looks. Some ideas for the new thread is adding Sopo, Siamese, and Puppet Climbers move sets, as well as music (something jazzy), costumes, fan art, Palutena's Guides, and maybe even some new IC game ideas. So, if you have any, and want it added to the new OP; post it there, or here and I'll put it up. Also if you have any good title ideas, I'd love to hear them. Right now it's called "A Song of Ice and Desire- the Ice Climbers Discussion Thread", but idk, I don't like it that much (and fear it'll just sound weird if people don't get the Game of Thrones reference) so suggestions would be great.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, is it just the possible DLC character threads that are moving?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah I think all characters not confirmed for Smash 4 are going to move, so we shouldn't be gone for long :shades:
OK so the R.O.B., G&W, Greninja, Villager, and Ness threads won't be moving at all then?

Top Bottom