• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking out of CGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a Falco today, and every time I got CGed by him I couldn't break out. I jammed WoI like I saw on the boards, and even had a few times that the start-up would flash but it wouldn't push Falco back at all. How does everyone else escape a CG?

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
He was CGing me up to 60%. I'm pretty sure it's possible to break out of a CG before you hit that high of a percentage.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
if it's a true chain crab you can't. it may seem like you can sometimes but it's just because the person didn't buffer properly

Afropony

Smash Lord
Hmm, he should only be able to chaingrab you to about 40%, try DI'ing away from him and tapping the jump button as soon as you're free from him. This should also stop the Falco from being able to spike you.

Coffee™

I need it....
Falco can only cg Pit to 35%. DI up and towards him and you can just jump out.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I played him again last night, and managed to get out of it at 25% a few times because he couldn't buffer correctly. Can you DI like that out of everyone's CG, or are their other methods for escaping?

I try to space against Falco so this doesn't happen but if it does i just jump put of it
Spacing against Falco is ridiculously hard. If he at all expects an arrow, his reflect comes out quickly and it's next to impossible to do the slight up or down turn to keep it from coming back to you properly. And his range with just about everything beats out Pit's range

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Falco is one of the few characters that can solidly out-camp pit, unfortunately. Mirror shield provides some protection, but have it out too close and you're asking to get grabbed. I haven't had enough good falco experience yet, he switches up our playstyle and I'm still not used to the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom