• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

breaking news : Falcon is NOT bad.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
so is he more of a hit-and-run character now or something? I would think that would be where his style would go now that combos with him are...modified.

or are you being sarcastic? that seems like a reasonable possibility with what has been said about Falcon so far.

I'm curious because Captain Falcon is pretty much my favorite character

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
Hey g-reg, does that mean you'll be maining Falcon in Brawl? I'm sure I remember seeing something about you playing Wolf instead. Falcon is definitely not bad but it's still too early to tell exactly how good he is.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its true. Cmon, this G-regulate were talking about here. One of the sluttiest smashers we know of. And we all know he cannot lie.

Ontopic: Captain Falcon is actually really good, he just takes a little bit of getting used too now.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Falcon just needs to be used right to prosper. Over all no character is bad in the right hands..

gammonwalker

Smash Cadet
My friend has a copy of Brawl and from what I've played of Falcon he is very good. His knee just isn't his best killing option now.

Because of Brawl's gameplay, his uair's effectiveness has increased a great deal. People simply cannot get away from it as well with how floaty everyone is. Because of the ease of landing it I would say the knock back is exceptional. Brawl Falcon has an incredible ability to prevent people from touching the ground. The KO will come slower but most assuredly it will, and in a frustrating fashion for the opponent. His uair, nair, and bair all have a "floating" hit box (lots of hit frames) with good priority. Simply because of that fact, it will be much easier connecting with them due to everyone's increased air time.

His standard smashes have also improved (specifically his d.smash). Not purely because of statistical benefits, but also because characters are slower and easier to predict.

He isn't the 80% KO character he used to be; he still can put extreme pressure on the opponent because of those 3 moves alone. He hasn't been nerfed because his knee is harder to land or because he can't L-cancel his meteor. His play style is simply different.

Brawl Falcon is LESS KNEE, LESS METEOR more HACKY SACK.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Brings back memories of G-Reg's Throw->Knee Thread a while back.

O.O too good...

But c'mon enough with suspense, spoon feed us desperate onlookers some proverbial crack here and post some vids!!!

SparkElectro

Smash Rookie
My friend has a copy of Brawl and from what I've played of Falcon he is very good. His knee just isn't his best killing option now.

Because of Brawl's gameplay, his uair's effectiveness has increased a great deal. People simply cannot get away from it as well with how floaty everyone is. Because of the ease of landing it I would say the knock back is exceptional. Brawl Falcon has an incredible ability to prevent people from touching the ground. The KO will come slower but most assuredly it will, and in a frustrating fashion for the opponent. His uair, nair, and bair all have a "floating" hit box (lots of hit frames) with good priority. Simply because of that fact, it will be much easier connecting with them due to everyone's increased air time.

His standard smashes have also improved (specifically his d.smash). Not purely because of statistical benefits, but also because characters are slower and easier to predict.

He isn't the 80% KO character he used to be; he still can put extreme pressure on the opponent because of those 3 moves alone. He hasn't been nerfed because his knee is harder to land or because he can't L-cancel his meteor. His play style is simply different.

Brawl Falcon is LESS KNEE, LESS METEOR more HACKY SACK.
Not to mention the fact that edge guarding is gonna work different in brawl. I.E. instead of sitting on the edge you can run out there with falcon's still awesome speed and juggle them to their death.

S2

Smash Lord
Guess I'll have to relearn Falcon then.

I only tried him in Brawl a few times, not really enjoying playing as him. Probably because I was trying to play him like I did in Melee.

gammonwalker

Smash Cadet
Not to mention the fact that edge guarding is gonna work different in brawl. I.E. instead of sitting on the edge you can run out there with falcon's still awesome speed and juggle them to their death.
O jeh! That reminds me; one of Falcon's very useful, alternate kill combos still works. His d.throw into d.air (near the edge) at relatively low %'s can be fatal.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
im probably the best on the planet with him at the current moment.
Once the Brawl hype dies down, we gotta get in some Halo ;) I know we have each other on our friend lists lol, but we just never are on at the same time.

On topic: Falcon dittos. Seriously. I'll get you my Brawl code when I get the American version lol (I played it at someone else's place).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude, gammonwalker summed up falcon really well there. everything he says is pretty much correct. the knee is still stronger than most moves but its tremendously hard to sweetspot. they mustve watched my melee vids and decided that the knee HAD to be nerfed. also, i cannot stress enough the importance of PLATFORM CANCELING. this works really well with uair/bair for long combos. i hope one day we can somehow tame the knee to be used as a viable kill move in real combos

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Whoever doubted Falcon's awesomeness should be dragged to the streets and kneed constantly in the face.

Can't wait to see vids of you playin the Capn.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I can confirm that Darkrain has expressed great interest in Captain Falcon for Brawl.

Don't get too complacent, g-reg.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
no character as of now sucks cause we havent seen there full potential yet take sonic for expample... im sure with a lot of practice we will see some really good CF gameplay

Eljin

Smash Ace
Enough I will oppose u G-reg. u always beat me in melee CF dittos but thats gonna change foo, hahaha Im comin down VA soon so b ready.

Y we never burned one at a tourney G??? that woulda been hilarious. Holla @ me tho.

Top Bottom