• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking bad Shino Stall habits.

Siruge

Smash Rookie
I usually shino stall by smashing the control stick away from the edge, up B, and then down. I've noticed sometimes I'll SD by being too far away from the edge. I need to fix this.

I've started practicing the "normal" way. I just cant get one thing right. Are you supposed to smash the control stick down, or just tilt it down when you drop from the ledge before the up B? I find if I tilt it down, up B, then hold down it works better. I just want to make sure I'm doing this properly before I develop another bad habit.

Van.

Smash Ace
I don't think tilting it down is optimal. I think the best way to do it is to press down hard enough to disengage the ledge and then in the same fluid motion get the stick up and begin the up B asap. You have to be pretty quick.

Siruge

Smash Rookie
That's what I think other people do. See my problem is if I smash the control stick down, all it seems to do is make sheik fly further/faster off the stage. If I tilt it down it's easier to control and still fully disengages the ledge. I tested it on brinstar and it's still invincible. I'm not sure if there's a difference, but if it would be better in the long-run for me to practice another way, I'd definitely want to do that. I know there are certain things in this game like some players prefer to use the X button over the Y button. Just not sure if this is a preference thing or if it actually makes a difference.

Last edited:

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
I tested it in debug mode and it doesn't seem to matter.

Just don't waste too many frames in the falling animation, that's the most important thing.

NASAsocal

Smash Rookie
I tap control stick down, like a flick and do a similar motion up, to try and get a sort of rhythm to it, but I also work on all the different angles of perfect invincibility stall. My worst issue if i'm honest is being able to act on the opponent's reactions to me stalling as well as having sloppy ILD.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
For a while I did it by hitting back, but I found I didn't get the invincibility frames I needed to properly stall, which was mitigated by pressing down: the fastfall actually allows the proper height in less frames (which gives the proper invincibility).

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I find it easiest to pull down on the c-stick and then up-b. Then again, I also pull down on the c-stick and tap jump to do my wavelands, so my method could be a little unorthodox :p

Top Bottom