• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bread and Butter! Fundamentals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
OK so I decided to pick up this character and I was wondering what is the core fundamentals of this character.
Things i should know or look out for?
Strengths and weaknesses?
Bread and butter tech skill?
Good and bad match ups?
How to play the natural?
Uncommon knowledge?
Advantages stages?
Basically how should they be played as base level. Don't be afraid to state the obvious because that might be exactly what i need. All advice is welcome!

protato

Smash Apprentice
Protato had a nice comment that you should look at that covers some of the questions you wanted.
thanks b
OK so I decided to pick up this character and I was wondering what is the core fundamentals of this character.
Things i should know or look out for?
Strengths and weaknesses?
Bread and butter tech skill?
Good and bad match ups?
How to play the natural?
Uncommon knowledge?
Advantages stages?
Basically how should they be played as base level. Don't be afraid to state the obvious because that might be exactly what i need. All advice is welcome!
-falcon's strengths include his tech chase game, movement, dashdance, and flowchart combos
-his weaknesses include poor defensive options [mediocre out-of-shield game which can be frame 10 if you do a rising uair, mediocre tech rolls, long spot dodge, etc]
-falcon has three bad matchups: sheik, falco, and fox. however, these are easily winnable with practice
-a lot of people say falcon has a poor neutral game, but i think its great. his dash dance is the longest and the fastest in the game. you can work your way in with movement and spacing, or play a bait and punish style, or play a really stage control oriented style. you want to be able to do all three of these things.
-for stages/counterpicks:
falcon is really good against marth on FD/dreamland
falcon is known to do poorly on FoD and yoshi's kind of, but this is changing with the implementation of shield drops
for a lot of matchups stage counterpicks are just preference; for example, ill take spacies and sheik to dreamland just because im comfortable on that stage

nair is your main spacing tool and rising uair is your second spacing tool
focus on spacing including shield stops and analog jumps

this channel has a lot of tutorials on it, you should watch all of them
vods.co is a great resource for watching high level falcon players like wizzrobe, s2j, lord, gravy, gahtzu, jeapie, etc

most importantly, play falcon the way you want! you can center your play around reaction tech chases, hard reads, or a combination of both. with enough practice, you can develop a playstyle that you want!

sorry for this super unorganized post tho, also you dont really have to take my advice because i have no credibility at all

edit:

every single character thread what :[]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom