• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Opening Theme Reposted

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
In our final update on this music-intensive Friday, Sakurai gives us something that, in fact, we had already had on the “preview” version of the Dojo. It’s the <a href="http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music10.html">opening theme to Brawl</a>, and (as someone who downloaded it from the old Dojo way back when and enjoys it very much, thank you) it’s quite the number. If you haven’t gotten a chance to listen to it, take the couple minutes to do so—it’s quite the epic piece, and the orchestration and chorus put it light years ahead of some of the other pieces Sakurai has posted thus far.

<!--more-->Sakurai reminds us that this is an important song in the game, and suggests that we’ll be hearing it in a few places in one form or another, probably not unlike the way the opening music to Melee was reused on Final Destination. (Another version of this theme is also used during the Nintendo World trailer.)

Although we knew this already, famed Final Fantasy music composer Nobuo Uematsu was tapped to compose the main theme to Brawl. Sakurai posts the full list of credits in the update as well:
<blockquote>Lyrics Supervisor: Masahiro Sakurai
Lyric Translation: Taro Yama****a
Composition Supervisor: Nobuo Uematsu
Arrangement Supervisor: Shogo Sakai
Conductor: Taizo Takemoto
Soprano: Oriko Takahashi
Tenor: Ken Nishikiori</blockquote>
Of note is Shogo Sakai, whose work includes Mother 3 and Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Masahiro Sakurai, whose titles include director of the Super Smash Bros. games.

Wait, what?!?! Could this be? (Sorry, I had to do it.) Apparently Sakurai isn’t just a renowned game designer—he writes lyrics, too. If you’re wondering what exactly those lyrics are, you’re not alone. Perhaps you could just <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjaoYZ7jlA">follow along with the words</a> as heard by one fan, but, for some reason, I’m a bit skeptical that that’s entirely accurate. Past that, I haven’t any idea what they’re saying, because they’re in Latin, and I’ve had no luck finding a link to a translation. If you know of one, please feel free to share in the comments.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
hey does any one here speak in Latin? if so can they translte the song?
Without the actual written lyrics, it's highly unlikely we'll know. It's been over a year since we've had the music and no one's been able to translate it from the song alone.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Off Topic:
you know there is a edit button?
Shadow_Kirby doesn't even know how to BE in a Forum... learn to post and READ THE RULES

On topic:

The main title is awesome, epic. I can imagine the intro! This song is larger than Melee's one, 'cause there are more characters this time.

LOL at the censure!

<blockquote>
Lyric Translation: Taro Yama****a
</blockquote>

Blackadder

Smash Master
Perhaps you could just <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjaoYZ7jlA">follow along with the words</a> as heard by one fan, but, for some reason, I’m a bit skeptical that that’s entirely accurate.
Wow! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! That is obviously what the lyrics are people. It's so true...and so beautiful.
"I'll be the Marth! e.g n00b!" <- Even Sakurai knows it's true.

On a more serious music related note, I have no idea what the lyrics are.
I have heard many many interpritations, but non worth bothering with.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I found a sight that did a translation a while back (I mean a long while). let me see if I can find it.......

Here's the site http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=905027

But if you're too lazy the lyrics are below

Alii fama (0:09 - 0:12)

id diu (0:12 - 0:15)

solisque os is ibi (0:16 - 0:18)

et per dies de (f)agi (0:18 - 0:22)

Alifama (0:22 - 0:25)

id diu (0:25 - 0:28)

et ludi cretae (0:28 - 0:31)

et per theatralis puer (0:31 - 0:34)

oner frater vidi os (0:35 - 0:41)

oni frater vidi os (0:41 - 0:47)

deesse fortibus (0:47 - 0:50)

viri forte (0:50 - 0:54)

laedo convivos vige (0:50 - 0:57)
volde vige (0:57 - 1:04)

Ascendit a! (1:04 - 1:10)

Ascendit is (1:10 - 1:13)

oh gi sunt mi (1:13 - 1:16)

Qui alii fer tres (1:17 - 1:20)
vivo lis que a (1:21 - 1:25)

theatris a tanto (1:27 - 1:29)

coeo iam do (1:29 - 1:32)

tres mendo fratri! (1:32 - 1:39)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other news for a long time take there to the sun and bone out of the foot down from the tree (More or less talking about the Brawl they put them selves in)
Another reputation builds up for a long time when the paint of [the] school (eper thilius) the children

See, oppres the expressive brother
See, trouble expressive brother (again,but this time with a bit more anger set into it)

Failure to courage
A soldier from courage (the courage to fight)

Strike effectively with force! Down from distress! (Bash effectivly,damage knocking you down)

Of he pursuing higher! That climbs (Geting better,stronger)

Oh, you are (gi) mine (O_o)

Why do you fight over from what others through three lives? (asking why do they fight...i dont know o.O)

I give you 3 of my lives for [my] brothers! (Master Hand i spose...He had 4 lives...he gave three...now he has one...)

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
that was...interesting...But, I think the theme music will be played with the unlocking of characters instead of their own theme, however their theme will be unlocked with the character

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
i took 4 Years of AP Latin, so i know a decent amount of the language, but unless someone can truly write down the language, I am of no use to you guys...sorry.

>>homeless;

are you sure those are right?

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
too bad I hate the operatic opening. The rest of the updates are interesting.

Top Bottom