• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawls mini-games

darkshy

Smash Ace
Okay before I start I actually searched so if this was made I'm sorry.
-------------------------------------------------
I was thinking of what interactive feartures the wii might have aswell as originals like multi-man meele and such.

What if for the home run contest you swung the wii-mote instead of forward A?

How about more prizes for thing like cruel meele or multi-man?

What if there was a 2-player multi-man meele were the player who kills more wire frames wins?

These were ideas that ran through my head so what do you think?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont know about mini games, thats pretty much what event matches are for IMO, I rather have more even matches than mini games...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Home Run Contest, except you use a Wii mote to beat up Mr. Bean Bag... Thats all I could basically think of... Though, there is also Break the Target with the Wii mote also...

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Race to the Finish like in Melee except with 4 people. First person to get to the end wins (and there should only be one finish) and you can beat the **** out of your friends on the way there to slow them down.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Race to the Finish like in Melee except with 4 people. First person to get to the end wins (and there should only be one finish) and you can beat the **** out of your friends on the way there to slow them down.
Nah, Bowser and Ganondorf would have a disadvantage. I quite like the idea about multiplayer multiman melee though. Or maybe play cooperatively in a 30 minute melee!

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Bowser and Ganondorf would have a disadvantage. I quite like the idea about multiplayer multiman melee though. Or maybe play cooperatively in a 30 minute melee!

Hah, who would choose a fat turtle/lizard (or whatever the hell he is) in a race anyway?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hah, who would choose a fat turtle/lizard (or whatever the hell he is) in a race anyway?
Maybe those that aren't familiar with others and are used to the slower, heavier characters. Besides, in a race like that everyone would be Fox or Falcon = boring. A match like this demands that players master a quick character, quick characters aren't appealing to everyone. Then again, i doubt anyone would play this anyway, when there are fights to be fought.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* ok Susie...you win. But yeah, dumb idea. Lets' see if anyone else has some decent ideas because mine are lacking.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, wouldn't it be interesting if some event matches required use of the Wii-mote's motion control? That could be a fun diversion from the normal stuff.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
So then you would have to use the Wiimote for minigames and the classic controller for fights?

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Hmm, the idea of coming up with "mini-games" is nice but idea of the games is easier said than done.

The Race to the Finish does sound unfair once you see it where bowser and gannondorf are so slow

But the co-op thing could be a good idea if it had more details and work in it.

As for the multi-man melee, that could be questionable.

darkshy

Smash Ace
My intention was more to bring up this topic seeing as everyone else is talking about characters and stages but I like some ideas epecially the race to the finish multiplayer. as for the speend factor mabey make all the character equally fast just to be fair?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
i think if they do something like the race to the fin. then the screen should be seperated like in mario kart and shooters, and they would make the race shorter for bowser and them, like each character will have their own course, or they could put somethin like this: make it so u can only pic the same characters...but who knows, i always wanted to race to the finish without goin through 6 freakin stages. i like my second idea better cause seperated screens in a side scrollin game will be a bit confusing.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I would vote for a separate list of co-op events, but I doubt that will happen since some of the events in Melee are already co-op in a sense. So, instead I vote for more competitive modes to go with Coin and Decision mode, such as:

1) The idea someone mentioned about fighting to kill the most wire frames/generic miscellaneous villains

2) Something like a King of the Hill mode where you fight to keep control of a certain platform or part of the stage.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Volleybrawl, juggling sandbags, as long as there are
NO "WII-TASTIC" OR "WAVE IT ALL AROUND" MINIGAMES

Developers waste so much time doing that. Every game seems to have
a random collection of these uninspired copies of each other. FOR NO REASON.
I HOPE smash doesn't go this way.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
go play your %$!@ing mario party

Minigames are KILLING the wii, they should NOT be %$#@ing added to smash

END OF THREAD

cubican62

Smash Cadet
They won't as long as the gamecube and classic controller remain playable.
i agree. IMO there should be more event matches. i know there were already a lot of them in melee but i was always wishing for more. Probably wont happen but downloadable event matches?

brawlpro

Smash Master
yeah, downloadable ones would be great, including to the online play...

off topic: i'll play anyone whose "non-n00bish", well, i'll play anyone in brawl when it comes out, i know this seems off topic and stuff, but pm me if ya wants ta play, anytime would be fine.

back on topic, mini games would be good, but not good enough to replace stages or characters.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
One of the event matches was to protect Yoshi's egg.
What about in multiplayer mode, there's a timer,
and whoever has the egg at the end, or for the most time wins?
That would be a fun mini game that DOESN'T revolve around the Wii-Mote.

brawlpro

Smash Master
in smooth moves, it gets boring in a week, thats why you should rent it...you can finish the game in one sit down, nintendo went the wrong way when they turned the wii into more of a mini-game console, they need to turn it into an rpg and fighting console.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It wouldn't turn it into a casual game, what's wrong with having Mini-Games included? You don't have to play them, and they won't take up anything like a character or stage space. I'm pretty sure they have all the characters created by now.

Race to the finish sounds like a good idea, sept maybe it's split into 4 sections, that all fit into one screen, so you can see the whole land that you have to run, and you're only a small character at the side. But seeing as though it's split into 4 sections, you each run a different path. The faster the character, the harder the path. C.Falc and Sonic will have kick *** hard ones, and Bowser and Ganondorf will have easy ones. That seems fair :)

But I like that Multi-Man Melee idea, but it could be the Advernture Mode bad guys :D. First it start off as easy ones that take one hit to kill, then harder bad guys will start slowly appearing! And maybe it'll even spawn the characters that you are using, but at higher handicaps. It can go up to 4 player too, and you're all in a team :D

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
rather than minigames added into the game, i'd much prefer to see unique/interesting multiplayer game modes. The special melee option in Smash:Melee is pretty limited and the gimmicks they have aren't particularly cool; Everybody's small, everybody's big, everybody's fast, everybody's slow, ect...

What about a 3v1 where the player who's alone gets to be permanently mushroomed, and the players on the 3 man team are all permanently poison-mushroomed.

Or... Doppelganger, where every player gets a copy of himself placed about four feet to the right of where he's standing. The Doppelganger would do everything that the player did. I'm grasping here, but you get the idea.

Anybody have any other ideas for neat gimmick matches?

another thing i'd like to see is a "fair" item option.

I was thinking there could be a white box above the ring and every minute or so it would start flashing. After it flashes a couple times, an item from the item list pops inside the box. From this point on, if anyone hit the box, the item would come falling out and could be picked up.

This way, everyone gets fair warning and time to prepare for the item that is coming down the pipeline, and a chance to grab it. Players would be fighting over control of the board so that they could use the item. And it'd make it harder for Falco Lazer Camping and other similar strategies.

They could be set to have a slow enough respawn that they would be "bonuses" rather than the focus of the game. Because, as it stands, no competitive player(and no-one in my circle)plays with items at all. I'd like to be able to have them on in a way that added to the strategy of the game, so that they could be included in serious play.

My friends and I, on the rare occasions that we actually do free for alls, like to play king of the thing. Someone chooses a platform or obstacle of some kind, and we fight over control of it. King of the Hill makes huge sense in a game like Smash Brothers. If you can keep your opponents percentage high than you can keep them away easier (since they go further) and keep control of the "hill". It lends itself perfectly to the smash system, so I also really hope they include something like this.

That being said, no matter what cursory modes they include i'm sure almost all of us will just be doing 1v1 item-off melee like we were before, I know I probably will.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I would LOVE the 2 player MultiMan Melee idea. It would be an amazing minigame.
Also, co-op events, and missions and such, as well as story modes.

Top Bottom