• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEX Thread [Brawl with 80+ characters]

DaffierCobra

Smash Cadet
Can I get some help, I'm running a Mac and I only have dolphin I put the 2GB sd.raw and did everything but the gecko menu is invisible so I have to memorize the menu so when I boot up the game it's normal brawl how do I fix it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The closest for you is project M unbound. Check their thread, they've just started getting back to work.
Is it ready, though? I mean, I did check the thread and there was no download link anywhere.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
How do you run brawl for all? When I go to the stage builder the SD Card shows up as empty. I have the private folder in the root of the SD Card.

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Do you have smash stack on your sd card?
I figured out that was the problem, but now it says that bootmii is outdated and I have no clue how to even update bootmii. I get an exe that when I run it a black command panel pops up then disappears. I can't even read what it says.

Angurius

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to just make a custom iso of the pikezer's Brawlex that I'm not aware of? I have tried using the Wimms iso tools and Wiiscrubber but cant seem to get either of them to work. I would just patch it, however my sd card is not compatable with Ocarina apparently. I recently downloaded a iso of Project M and really enjoyed it. I haven't been able to find any more premade isos for the packs though. So if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative. Thank you

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I figured out that was the problem, but now it says that bootmii is outdated and I have no clue how to even update bootmii. I get an exe that when I run it a black command panel pops up then disappears. I can't even read what it says.
Hmm, that's a tough one. I'd recommend downloading the most recent project m or Patt Andersen Edition hackless pack and taking the boot mii and smash stack from their packs.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, that's a tough one. I'd recommend downloading the most recent project m or Patt Andersen Edition hackless pack and taking the boot mii and smash stack from their packs.
The smash stack works fine, but I can't see a bootmii folder in the hackless builds

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
So I managed to get passed the bootmii bullcrap by replacing the boot.elf with a Project M one and I got to the character select screen! But it froze the moment I went to the stage select screen. Please help? I've been trying to get this to work all day and I'm starting to think that it's not worth it
EDIT: Stupid mistakes

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
So I got homebrew installed, but I can't get passed the bootmii already installed screen. Do I need to swap out the boot.elf with one from project M?
EDIT: Did that and it crashed as before. HOW DO I DO THIS?!

Last edited:

PM666

Smash Cadet
Anybody have a LIVE link for Nebulons brawlEX pack? the dropbox link is dead

SimpleJak

Smash Rookie
So I downloaded MeleeMaster's Mega Moveset Mix from the vault and it's awesome. I'm pretty new to modding but I was able to able add characters to original character's alternate costume slots just fine, but when I try to change the character portraits through brawlbox they never show up. Does anyone know how to edit the character selection portraits?

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
So I got homebrew installed, but I can't get passed the bootmii already installed screen. Do I need to swap out the boot.elf with one from project M?
EDIT: Did that and it crashed as before. HOW DO I DO THIS?!
Have you considered approaching the hackless method?

gettin' schmashed

Smash Rookie
When I try to run the game through gecko OS it says no SD codes found. I have a folder called "codes" on the sd card, so I don't know why I am getting this error. Could anyone possibly help me resolve this issue? Also, is it possible to run this though USB instead of an SD Card?

gettin' schmashed

Smash Rookie
Found out what was wrong. I was copying the ALL CHARS folder onto the SD Card instead of copying the folders within that folder. Still would like to know if you can run this through USB though. I start up the HBC, press 1 on he wii mote, and choose to boot from usb. I get an message that says: Exception (DSI) Occurred (followed by a bunch of code) Stack Dump(followed by code) Code Dump(followed by code). I set up the USB drive the same way as the SD card.

Last edited:

TailsZeFox

Smash Rookie
I have a problem.I putted all of the files in my sd card.But,everytime I tried running it through Rillvoultion,there is not a single slot in the selection screen!I tried running it through Gecko Os(from the homebrew channel)and in the selection screen,it's just like the normal brawl with the default characters and stages!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have a problem.I putted all of the files in my sd card.But,everytime I tried running it through Rillvoultion,there is not a single slot in the selection screen!I tried running it through Gecko Os(from the homebrew channel)and in the selection screen,it's just like the normal brawl with the default characters and stages!
Do you have the CSS Expansion files (CSSRoster.dat and the modified Common2.pac), or the Custom CSS code in your GCT file? Also you can only use one method of changing the CSS, the gecko code and CSSRoster.dat can't be used together.

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
So I'm pretty new to the brawl hacking scene and I got meleemaster's pack but I didn't love all the characters in there (i.e tabuu, gotenks, buu, and a few more.) so I replaced them with other psa hacks like battletoads, geno psa, and dry bones. I am having a tough time figuring out how to change the csps for all above characters. Help please?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
CSPs and such are usually in /pf/system/Common5.pac, under sc_selcharacter_en. The CSPs themselves go under char_bust_tex_lz77, names are in MiscData[30], and the smaller portraits for the CSS menu are in MiscData[70]. The results screen portraits go in /pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/.

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
CSPs and such are usually in /pf/system/Common5.pac, under sc_selcharacter_en. The CSPs themselves go under char_bust_tex_lz77, names are in MiscData[30], and the smaller portraits for the CSS menu are in MiscData[70]. The results screen portraits go in /pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/.
I'm aware of this, but in meleemaster's build they are not under there.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is the sc_selcharacter_en file in Common5.pac? Maybe he moved it to /pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac. That would work too (and should also mean faster loading times if the original was removed from Common5.pac).

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Just a heads up, James Rush and collaborator Thricewise released a brawled pack with a lot of James' PSAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDQGZkQO_8 for the trailer, it's on brawl vault as a .rar file to those interested in trying it out. A lot of his PSAs are really good and many transform for alternate move sets.

Lilgrei

Smash Rookie
Can i make MeleeMaster´s pack work on PAL regions, or can i even use BrawlEx on PAL regions?

fluffypikach1188

Smash Rookie
*Sigh* So I've been using BrawlEx Clone tool from sammi and I'm having a few issues....
so I have made a ton of clones and I did everything step by step correctly, and I double checked to make sure everything was in order by going to the roster editor option and just viewing....
the problem is that when I went in game one 3 of the clones showed up (mario, and two snakes) and everyone else wasn't there, so I closed my game and went on the pc and loaded it in the program and NONE OF THEM SHOW ON THE ROSTER EDITOR...

so whats going on here? some kinda bug? cause I just spent the last 3 hours ******* with this thing and I'm about to die from stress

SSVegeta4511

Smash Rookie
hi there im new to this BrawlEX and i have a modded wii and all the trimmings so to say for it but im having a issue ive downloaded Pikezer's BrawlEX Pack V.4.4.1 and put all the files into my 2gb sd card and i go to wiiflow and turned on Ocarina and put hook type to axnextframe and when i start the game its all the basic char and no mods show up i dont have a retail disc no more but before i got rid of it i made a copy of it on my hdd so i have it as a wbfs but for some reason the mods and all the extra chars and stages do not show up can somebody help me with this plz. i hope to hear back something very soon till then plz take care and have a nice day and happy new years to everyone on here:)

Top Bottom