• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Brawler's Preferred Custom Moveset

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
HoMaLoN submitted a new guide:

Brawler's Preferred Custom Moveset - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyjPR1__H0Y&feature=youtu.be

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Making Mii: Brawler's Preferred Custom Moveset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyjPR1__H0Y&feature=youtu.be

My opinion of Brawler's best custom moveset:
Standard 1: Shot Put
Side 1: Onslaught
Up 2: Helicopter Kick
Down 2: Feint Jump

**For Double's
Up 3: Piston Punch

Source: Mii Series.
Arrangement: Daisuke Matsuoka
Songs: Save the World, Heroes!
Album: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Developers: Sora...
Read more about this guide...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Soon... eventually people will come to realize that Shotput is the worst Standard Special considering it goes against all of Mii Brawler's gameplan of killing early and not damaging the opponent too much. Also the fact that it leaves him wide open for an attack.

When opponent is below 70% = Mii Brawler is top tier
When opponent is above 70% = Mii Brawler is middle tier

Shot put does 15% and generally does nothing to help the opponent stay under 70%. Nor does it kill until very late, Ultimate Uppercut on the other hand is a super armor psuedo counter move that kills at 80%, a much needed kill move that will aid brawler if he accidentally gets his opponents above 80%. Even the Falcon Punch Kick Custom 3 is better because it at least gives Mii Brawler SOME kind of kill move for his neutral special. Shot put is flat out worthless in every sense of the word and I still can't believe people think its the primary choice.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If we had any other projectile, people would see how poor a choice Shot Put truly is. The fact that it's our only one leads people to believe it has some sort of merit.
Yeah, I personally believe Mii Brawler doesn't even need a projectile to begin with. He's already fast enough to get in on the opponent and if he wants to make his opponents approach he can just charge up the Ultimate Uppercut. People see the Uppercut needing charging as a downside but in reality its what makes your opponents approach you instead.

MoSBanapple

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I personally believe Mii Brawler doesn't even need a projectile to begin with. He's already fast enough to get in on the opponent and if he wants to make his opponents approach he can just charge up the Ultimate Uppercut. People see the Uppercut needing charging as a downside but in reality its what makes your opponents approach you instead.
I've been using shotput most of the time, but I decided to try out uppercut recently, and it's really been helping to secure kills at later percents when I can't combo into helicopter kick. I would make the switch, but one thing that bothers me about KO uppercut is that I can't do any momentum reversals with it, whereas I can do large momentum reversals out of feint kick with Shotput. For now, I'll interchange between the two neutral specials.

Last edited:
Top Bottom