• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawler Stage Discussion

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I can't seem to find any info on this elsewhere, so…

I personally think that our best stage is Battlefield. The platforms allow us to extend combos and even give us kill opportunities with Feint Jump ledge cancels. The blast zones are also large, allowing us to use our phenomenal horizontal recovery to its full extent. However, those very same blast zones also mean we kill later, which means that some characters may be able to escape D-throw > HK before it kills with good vectoring, although this is less of a problem for tiny Brawler, who can chain two F-airs before throwing out the up B to get them near the blast zones. This is the stage you want if you don't want to risk changes benefiting your opponent, or just fear being killed early.

Dreamland is basically Battlefield with less optimal platforms, in my opinion, and very slightly different blast zones. Still good. This is the stage you want if Battlefield isn't available.

Delfino Plaza is also very good. The layouts and blast zones all benefit Mii Brawler. Piston Punch is also useful here, as the ceiling drops super low during the transformations. I've heard people say you should always ban Delfino Plaza against any Mii Brawler, and I can certainly see why. This is the stage for pure aggression.

I think Halberd is dumb, but oh well, it's legal. The layout is alright, I guess, but the low ceiling is what's really notable. If possible, I would go with Piston Punch here, because D-throw > U-air > U-air > PP is a force. Ultimate Uppercut also (somewhat obviously) kills earlier here. Sharking shenanigans with up B is also possible here, although a bit risky. You'll go here if you like killing vertically.

Final Destination has no platforms. There's not much else to say, really. The lack of platforms means you can be in the air a lot more, I guess. Characters with good projectiles can almost completely wall you out here. Sheik can F-air you across the stage and gimp you to death. I would rather not go here.

Oh, Duck Hunt… I hate this stage. You can get camped like crazy and the ceiling is pretty high, but the horizontal blast zones are pretty tight, if I recall correctly. Maybe I just don't like this stage. I don't know, but I never go here.

Please understand, I am by no means an expert on anything Smash related, and these are just my opinions. I'd love to hear your thoughts, in fact, that's why I started this topic. Thanks for reading!

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Bump.

Smashville is Sheik's best stage and we should avoid taking her here, lest our otherwise even matchup be tarnished. Otherwise, this is more or less a better Final Destination. The platform gives us a way to escape projectile pressure and another place to Feint Jump cancel into Helicopter Kick for a kill.

Town and City… I honestly don't know much about this stage because I don't play on it much. What I do know is that the platforms are very nice to play on. I think. I don't actually know.

I'd sure appreciate some help here /:

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
To me T&C is our best neutral. The side blast zones are relatively smaller than other stages, meaning for more early kills with HK and easier to get the early kill from dthrow -> HK. The platforms also help us out a ton when they are there just like battlefield platforms would - I love the fact that it switches between platforms and non-platforms because it can really put your mixup game to the test.

After T&C I'd be happy going BF or Dreamland64 - mostly cause of the platforms mentioned in the OP.

As for a counterpick per say - I really like counterpicking Duck Hunt - again the small blastzones help out a ton and sure it has a large ceiling but we are looking for kills to the side mostly. If they ban DH I usually try to go somewhere more neutral say BF or SV.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I'm a big DH fan too. Not only am I a sucker for this stage in general but there's the small niche of extending HK's hitboxes off the ducks. On top of the rest of your reasons.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I'm the only one who doesn't like Duck Hunt so far… I mean, I hate that stage regardless of the character I'm using. The weird platforms, the ducks, the dog, i just don't like it. The music is fantastic, though.

Top Bottom