• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Not Working. Constantly Crashing. Help Appreciated.

NotRealEric

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash Community! I've been modding Project M for the past few months throughout my summer and it has been amazing customizing this stellar fighting modification.

Today I came across an error I've never encountered before. As many of you may know when using BrawlBox you access the game's files by going into the SD Card > projectm > pf > system > common5.pac but all of the sudden today BrawlBox began crashing/stopped whenever I would select common5.pac. Naturally I thought this was just a small error, so I launched up BrawlBox again and again and it continues to crash whenever I attempt to open up common5.pac's files. I was using BrawlBox v0.71 when this happened. I downloaded other versions of BrawlBox (v0.70, v0.76, etc.) hoping it would fix the issue, and still nothing.

BrawlBox could open other files in the system folder like my back-up copy of common5.pac, I saved there just in case (entitled common5 - Copy.pac),

Can anyone please help? Without this I won't be able to play Project M (right before the errors occured I added a Name Text to STGCUSTOM06 but whenever I select start on the Character Select menu the game freezes, I was hoping of going back to the name text files and setting them back to STGCUSTOM06 in hopes it would fix the freezing like I have in the past.)

Please Smash Gods! Can you help a newbie modder out?

MexicanPygmy

Smash Cadet
I'm no smash god, but maybe your common5.pac is corrupted? If you say your copy works, then that's probably why.

Top Bottom