• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl will need 128 BLOCKS OF WII MEMORY!

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
O_O that is a lot of space but i dont care one bit because i know this game will be woth every one of those 128 blocks

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
That is practically all the games I have (Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, etc.) mashed into one!!!:dizzy:

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Galaxy takes up, what, one block?

When I saw the numbers 128, the two things that went through my mind were:

1. "HOLY ****ING ***T."

2. "This game has been confirmed to be the greatest game in existence."

And did anyone else notice that the numbers are 128? Get it?

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
sorry for the ignorance, but what's the average block per game? i really don't know the average conversion of blocks from games :/

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario Galaxy takes up, what, one block?

When I saw the numbers 128, the two things that went through my mind were:

1. "HOLY ****ING ***T."

2. "This game has been confirmed to be the greatest game in existence."

And did anyone else notice that the numbers are 128? Get it?

Super mario 128!!! (which was later changed to pikmin) :laugh:

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
16 blocks = 1 MB, I believe

On another note, Melee took 11 blocks. That's almost 12x bigger! Surely the roster is huge. (Sorry, that's all I really care about. :p)

Zek

Smash Ace
Guys this has nothing to do with how big the game is... Save data is tiny no matter how much content the game has. Most likely it reserves that much space for the storage of replays, screenshots, etc.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just remember that the game is not only much, MUCH larger than Melee, but there are screenshots and videos to be saved. That is probably the majority of the 128 blocks right there.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
It's clearly referencing the 1/128 possibilty of getting the Sword of Kings guys. Poo confirmed ^-^

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty big.

I was interested in those images... not for the total save size or the engine it uses, but more for the character copyrights, which are, sadly, not all in view.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Just remember that the game is not only much, MUCH larger than Melee, but there are screenshots and videos to be saved. That is probably the majority of the 128 blocks right there.
Sakurai said all recordings, screenshots, new stages, etc. were all extra. They don't account for the 128 blocks. Basically it should be: minimum 128 blocks. Anything else you create/save will be in addition to that.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Guys this has nothing to do with how big the game is... Save data is tiny no matter how much content the game has. Most likely it reserves that much space for the storage of replays, screenshots, etc.

You'd think! But according to Brawl Central....THAT DOESNT EVEN INCLUDE ANYTHING EXTRA, IT'S JUST THE BASE AMOUNT!

FROM BRAWL CENTRAL:
Also, for those of you who haven't seen this already, as previously confirmed, Brawl will be using the Havoc engine and it seems that it will take up 128 blocks of memory to save. Don't forget to add replays, snapshots, stages, ect to that amount since it seems this is only the base amount of memory for records, SSE, and other pre-made features!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
well i have an sd card so im good. 128 blocks is big i think madden on wee only takes 78 blocks or somethin

luis92

Smash Cadet
i got ahead of the game and i bought a 2 gig SD card a few months ago cuz i knew this game would take alot of space 19k blocks left FTW!! hahaha

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Weren't screenshots saved in an external file that could be dynamically allocated, though? I think that the extra materials will go beyond the 128 blocks based on how memory was managed in the last game.

Top Bottom