• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl was all an Ad for your character

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Already seen, it looks awsome.
Hope it also comes out for the normal DS / DS lite / whatever

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
The first time I've ever decided to get a system just because of one game. Srs. Wii was close, but that was two games, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Brawl XP

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Awesome.
I won't not buy though. A 3DS is coasting tons of money here in brazil.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Meh brawl was an ad for all chars FYI JOE!

Metal gear uprising - DS (lol MG never was on nintendo before brawl)
Kid Icarus uprising - obvious brawl
Kirby epic yarn - same exact sound effects from brawl kirby
star fox 64 remake -
LoZ OoT remake
Donkey country returns - same moveset from brawl, he never used to pound his hands against the ground nor did he did his Fair attack
Other M: Physical fighting Samus who wall jumps again - Brawl

Brawl gave A LOT of chars the spot-light honestly. The only one is mario but he does fine on his own ;o super mario galaxy 2 after all.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
umm the only one with pit is true.. I heard Metal gear was with nintendo at one point.
kirby sounds are always the same.
starfox comes from starfox
legend of zelda, brawl is using that link
other metroid is from team ninja, so samus gains ninja gaiden tactics.

pit is the only character in brawl, that brawl redone, was used to make a game. if that makes sense.

So how much is the 3ds in brazil.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean it like that, and metal gear was with it for one game. Possibly two. (i was over-exaggerating) and it was the SNES I believe.

Kirby does usually sound the same, but there are still specific I feel are real similar :p oh well.

I know star fox came from star fox, i said it was a remake
even LoZ is to be expected to come around. (i just like fitting it in~)
I like to think M some of the moves are inspired.
Donkey Kong existed before brawl as well, but as well as pit.

Like generally I feel brawl was an inspiration to a lot of those games or at least I like tho think that, I shouldnt have said FYI it's more so an opinion (only the recent games btw) cause originally smash bros was inspired by their games themselves anyway.

It's just brawl came out in 2008 I think, and then a vast different array of remakes/new games coming out 2 years after, is roughly the span for video games to even be developed. So in honesty, It's my opinion a lot of the games could have been inspired by brawl. Captain Falcon I feel is known for being in smash bros for example more than his actual games..

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Sorry I took your words verbatim. Thats how I felt about melee also. Seeing a smooth link, and mario with textured jeans for the first time...

Why does this game look so fun. I mean I know pit is cool, and is more badazz.
Seriously his quotes are getting more cocky.
Bark like a dog!! You're not ready yet!!

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. not many people knew what Fire emblem was until Melee.

Like I apologize if it sounded like i was shoving it down the throats guy xD i just strongly felt brawl wasn't JUST an ad for pit. It advertises lots of chars in a way, and as i watched the trailers i noticed specifics that were a coincidence

(such as donkeys moveset in country, that wasnt there before)
(kirby's voice, pits uprising, snakes uprising(on DS was only in one nintendo game before this xD or 2))

JOE!

Smash Hero
Meh brawl was an ad for all chars FYI JOE!

Metal gear uprising - DS (lol MG never was on nintendo before brawl)

Twin Snakes ; Gamecube

Kid Icarus uprising - obvious brawl

>.> <.< :p

Kirby epic yarn - same exact sound effects from brawl kirby

or you know, the same sounds he allwas uses

star fox 64 remake -

not really

LoZ OoT remake

then why does he use TP design?

Donkey country returns - same moveset from brawl, he never used to pound his hands against the ground nor did he did his Fair attack

Original DKC he does a ground pound, DK 64's air attack is his Fair

Other M: Physical fighting Samus who wall jumps again - Brawl

She's been doing those attacks since SSB64

Brawl gave A LOT of chars the spot-light honestly. The only one is mario but he does fine on his own ;o super mario galaxy 2 after all.

Im sorry, but did you say that mario is famous only for mario galaxy 2? XD

and what about that certain franchise right behind mario that has a cast of 493+ characters?
responses in red :p

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
Agreed that Smash Brothers seems to be a good precursor for future releases. Issac as an Assist Trophy -> Golden Sun DS, Pit -> Uprising, Marth and Roy -> Fire Emblem... It's like the ad you can play XD

The thing I'm most curious about are those new weapons...those claws look amazing.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
@Joe I am a scrub!

I really didnt know about Snake being on a gamecube :p

kirby - true.. i havn't played too many kirby games so I shouldnt really attest to that. Again - scrub
star fox - i didnt know about star fox when 64 came out(i learend eventually) but i dindt play star fox games until melee - scrub xP
LoZ - scrub but skyward sword uses a new design, i didnt look at the design of Oot remake tho so i donno

donkey kong - didnt know the first one he had a ground pound (ignorence) f air, vaguely remember now.

most brawl movesets honestly did come from the games, except star foxes that I know of.
samus - smash bros (correction) mah bad.

@ mario - no. I was saying it's fine that he wasn't announced along with the others (at least, that i remember maybe a paper mario game I think) that's just weird if mario was ONLY famous for mario galaxy 2

I liek brawlz x3 mah bad. It should be (for the most part) games TO brawl, not the other way. I think theres a handful of chars (going on a guess here, like my other ones before my 2nd post of this stuff) that got a moveset or a debut in smash bros <- not brawl (lol)

Fire emblem, icarus, earthbound(at least i didnt know about it), and f-zero (had the game, didnt know what captain was or where he got that move set from)

let me know! I like learning :3

Top Bottom