• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament - CASH PRIZES! Richmond Ky. EKU

Rorix825

Smash Rookie

Super Smash Bros. BRAWL Tournament!
Tuesday December 14th @ 6:30pm
$5.00 Entry Fee - FREE POPCORN!
1 v 1

Think you can rule the house with Mario? Do you have some smooth moves with Pit? Come test your mettle against the rest of Richmond!

COMPLETE RULES, CLICK THIS LINK:
http://cosmicoasis.com/index.php?topic=2003.0

RSVP at our FaceBook listing:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170904256263945

PRIZE PAYOUT CHART:

Cosmic Oasis Event Center
208 w Main st
Richmond, KY
(859)771-6244

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Lol, I'll go if I can see some of my beepo/as<3

If Morehead is welcome that is xD

5 min for 3 stocks tho? eep!
i dont mind. just sayin. it's normally 8.

Rorix825

Smash Rookie
We run swiss rounds instead of longer 3 stocks. Everyone enjoyed the first tournament with no complaints. Swiss rounds mean you play numerous people and then even if you have lost once you can still make the top 8 cut.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
oh i rly dont mind how you run it. that's your call =]
just saying how tournies are when we normally travel to them. but that would prob take too long anyways.

sounds fun tho. ill try to see ya tuesday.

i also just wanna see mayling again, it's been ages xD

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Also, how often do you guys plan on holding these? Is it a new regular thing? I could help advertise it somehow if you'd like

Rorix825

Smash Rookie
we would love any and all help advertising it, especially on the college campuses in the area: UK, EKU, Morehead, Berea, Transylvania, Etc.

We will be running at least once per month, possibly more if demand warrants.

Starting in January, Thursday night each week will feature a video game tournament. Brawl, Streetfighter, Call of Duty. Thats what we will be running to start with and other games as demand occurs.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
we would love any and all help advertising it, especially on the college campuses in the area: UK, EKU, Morehead, Berea, Transylvania, Etc.

We will be running at least once per month, possibly more if demand warrants.

Starting in January, Thursday night each week will feature a video game tournament. Brawl, Streetfighter, Call of Duty. Thats what we will be running to start with and other games as demand occurs.
cool! it's nice to see video game scenes grow.
it's even nicer to see venues dedicated to hosting the tournaments. those are hard to come by. =]

after doing a tourney at morehead yesterday, i had quite a few matches go over the 5 min mark because some matchups take longer than others to play out due to the playstyle of the character.
not asking you to up it, (tho if you did, i would reccommend the normal 8 min), but just wanted to make you aware that some MUs do vary in how long it takes to play them out.
i mean, i dont mind going to time if it does, would be nice to play out tho ^_^
but i remember you saying that everyone seemed happy with the rules, so that's fine. idk, just bringing it up just in case, especially since it seemed like a lot of the ruleset was based off of the MLG rule set, and that had a 8 min timer too. didnt know if you guys were pressed for time or anything. but yeah, i definitely dont want to seem like im trying to change everything around. just trying to help.

i used to do some advertising for smash back at uk when i went there. i might could help with this too. we'll see ^.^

Top Bottom