• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament - Arcade Renaissance CHAOS ’08 Orlando, Florida 04/26/08

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
April 26 2008 Arcade Renaissance – CHAOS ’08 Orlando, Florida

Double Tree Hotel
Conference Area
5780 Major Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
(407) 351-1000 (Rooms & Directions)

Parking fee: $5 event parking (all day access)

Room Deal - for this property is $119 and for Calypso Cay $69
It’s Your Choice

Cost/Pay out:

Door:
Pre-registered: $10
At Event: $15

Tournaments:
Sub Tournaments: $5
Main Tournaments: $10

All tournaments Pot Split:
1st place: 70%

2nd Place: 20%

3rd Place: 10%

Tournament Date: April 26, 2008

Door Opens: 10 a.m.

(At door)Registration starts: 10 a.m.
Please come prepared to pay once at the door for entry and all games if you did not pre-register.

Registrations end: 12 p.m. (Once I make the announcement there will be no late entries)

Tournaments Start: 1 p.m.

Main tournament List:

1. Guilty gear Accent Core

2. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

3. Capcom vs. Snk 2

4. Marvel vs. Capcom 2

5. Tekken 5 DR or Tekken 6 (Depending on poll results)

6. Smash Brothers Brawl

Sub Game List:

1. Virtua Fighter 5
2. Street Fighter Alpha 3/2
3. Super Turbo
4. KOF 98/XI ( Depending on poll results)

Tournament Itinerary:

All Tournaments are double elimination

All Final matches will be 3/5 (winners, losers and grand finals)
Blind selection available if requested (just call me or anyone assisting that day for help)

1 P.M. - 4 P.M.

Guilty Gear XX AC
• 2/3 matches
• Winner keeps character/loser can change
• Evo banned characters not allowed

Capcom vs SNK 2
• 2/3 matches
• Winner keeps team & order/loser changes all
• Evil and God Characters Banned

2:30 P.M. – 4 P.M.

VF5
• Winner keeps same character/loser changes all
• Dural is banned
• Rounds 3/5 matches 2/3

Street fighter Alpha 3
• 2/3 matches
• Winner keeps same character/loser changes

2:30 P.M - Until (only God he knows)

Smash Brothers Brawl
- Rules TBA
- Will Be current Tournament Rules

4:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
• 2/3 matches
• Gill is banned
• Winner can keep character and switch supers
• Loser can change all

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
• 2/3 matches
• No juggle glitches

5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.

Street Fighter II: Super Turbo
Akuma is banned

KOF? (Which ever the poll decides)
Rules will be based of which game is decided upon.

8 P.M. - Until Close

Final Matches/Regent Battles

- Bring your own controllers and converters
o Personally I thought we were over stealing peoples stuff but being that we are not I am really stressing that you bring and hold onto your own stuff

- Casually matches will be played between door opens and tournament start time. Please bring your own game and systems for what you would like to play.

Pre-registration will be done through pay-pal in order to cut down on the time needed to get the tournament started and running on time. Please arrive for your tournaments in a timely manner or pre-register for them and show up at the time they are schedule to start.

ALL ROOMS WILL BE DONE THROUGH ME FOR CALYPSO CAY AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER AT THE DOUBLE TREE I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE DETAILS IN A WEEK.

Two polls will be put up for the games that need to be finalized on and I will need some assistance running some of the tournaments so please let me know if you can assist and let me know. Just incase you can’t make it please just let me know ahead of time so that I can start making other arrangements. I made need help with consoles and games.

Post any questions or suggestion you may have. You need any help with something I can help you on give me a call or email me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im in it only for MvC 2
i used to think i was the **** at that game...until i got ROFLed by some asian guy at a convention.

Well, i know which game im going for, dunno about you or anyone else posting in here (this may draw the willvolution type folk so i dunno if they'd play guilty gear or brawl)

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
MvC2 - will be played on Dream Cast- Best Port to date.

PS2 - Everyting Else

PS3 - Tekken5DR & VF5

TedBoosley- you don't go to alot of tournaments do you? You would **** yourself if you had to go to final round or EVO where it's $30............. oh no!

J/K - But i hear this from someone every form i do on this site and what is sure about this. Go to more tournaments man. It will help your disposition.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
I personally think you're having WAY too many tournys in one day and I don't think you can pull it off, but good luck, and I hope you prove me wrong. : )

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
Man... I really wish I was still current with CVS2, Marvel, and Third Strike; I haven't played a 2D fighter in so **** long. =( I'd probably be wasting money if I entered a tourney now =\

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
MvC2 - will be played on Dream Cast- Best Port to date.

PS2 - Everyting Else

PS3 - Tekken5DR & VF5

TedBoosley- you don't go to alot of tournaments do you? You would **** yourself if you had to go to final round or EVO where it's $30............. oh no!

J/K - But i hear this from someone every form i do on this site and what is sure about this. Go to more tournaments man. It will help your disposition.
I've been to like 30 tournaments. Last summer I went to 6 in two months.

I only said this because there's a tournament in Sarasota the same day.

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
I personally think you're having WAY too many tournys in one day and I don't think you can pull it off, but good luck, and I hope you prove me wrong. : )
I'm not doing this by myself. I need a support structure to get all those games in man. this would be me half way through the day:psycho:

I've been to like 30 tournaments. Last summer I went to 6 in two months.

I only said this because there's a tournament in Sarasota the same day.
What?! - Oh meaning you would have it two tournaments in the same day? ****! son you wilding in it.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
i heard of this tourney from a friend of mine named jose so ill see if i go or not

fusiongtxz

Smash Cadet
Hey... How many people are expected to show up?
If it's a ton I kinda need to know, I don't want to go to a tourny where I stand no chance x_X

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Is this tournament even going to be worth going to? (Brawl-wise) Anyone important going to be there. 0_o

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
So basically we have to pay $15 at the door and if we participate in a brawl tournament we must pay an additional $10 correct? Or am I reading it wrong?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
gah...i dunno which tourney to go to. This one, or the one in sarasota. While the one in sarasota is much cheaper (like...10 for singles and 20 for doubles), its only store credit. This one gives out cash prizes, but i'd have to pay 25 bucks just to play in singles. Not that i have a problem with that...hell, i paid 22 to go to hard knocks and that was just singles, but this tourney most likely isn't gonna have that kind of turnout to make it worth it.

Ill have to contemplate it...is it possible to get an estimated headcount for attendance for the brawl one from a tourney director or something? I mean, the brawl one would have to have at least 30 people just for 3rd place to even get their money back (as a worst case scenario)

Edit: Just realized its 5 for parking too...so basically 30 bucks for 1 singles tourney, and only 10 of that is included into the pot...wtf? now i REALLY have to know an estimated attendance for this thing

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
If you preregister it's $20 instead. I think these tourneys are mostly worth it if you're going to play many games.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
By the way....what are the rules.....please post them soon...and Stripes come, we need more people or as many people as we can get!

Please =/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
By the way....what are the rules.....please post them soon...and Stripes come, we need more people or as many people as we can get!

Please =/
says normal tourney rules..so im guessing any ruleset you can just copy and paste out of any tourney. The standard 2/3 matches 3 stock, 5 neutrals ___ counterpicks, etc etc.

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
Pre Register Her so i can get a count of the people coming. That's all you have to do. I just want your name in book and pc so we can be ready to go.

David Richardson
'Calm'
3s
St
MVC2
CvS2
a3

That's It gentle men.

and exactly about the rules. This was requested by my regular attenders but i have not done my homework. So i'm willing to go with standard rules to make sure it's competitive and fair. and of course loser changes character winner has to keep the same.

See you in a couple of days gentlemen.

Pre-reg here- $10 @ door. Nothing more.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Pre Register Her so i can get a count of the people coming. That's all you have to do. I just want your name in book and pc so we can be ready to go.

David Richardson
'Calm'
3s
St
MVC2
CvS2
a3

That's It gentle men.

and exactly about the rules. This was requested by my regular attenders but i have not done my homework. So i'm willing to go with standard rules to make sure it's competitive and fair. and of course loser changes character winner has to keep the same.

See you in a couple of days gentlemen.

Pre-reg here- $10 @ door. Nothing more.
1. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164384

Look on the first page of this thread. It has the standard tourney rules, including the 3 stock best 2/3 matches, neutral and counterpick stages, banned stages, 3/5 finals (winners, losers, and grand)

2. In brawl tourneys the character change is handled differently The winner can change their character if they want, but the loser always gets to change their character after the winner if they also wish to do so. the loser also gets to pick the stage. It goes like this:
Loser change character --> winner change character --> loser change character again --> loser pick stage

3. You can pre req GDX and Force for the brawl tourney, as me and my boy will be attending

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Yea, im going to try to make it

For real? you play MvC2?
yup, I have a pretty noob roster, but i play em decently

Strider/Spider-man/Gambit
"I wanna take u for a ride..!! da nanan dana naa nannana!"
"aint, nobody to dry your eyes.... drive me crazy"

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
U can add

xyz
Qdvs
Rx
and some NT??
dunno if their down, i'll ask them

i get off at work at 2pm, and the tourney starts at 2:30pm i'm 8mins away... dont start w/o me!!!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
U can add

xyz
Qdvs
Rx
and some NT??
dunno if their down, i'll ask them

i get off at work at 2pm, and the tourney starts at 2:30pm i'm 8mins away... dont start w/o me!!!!
oh snaps

I challenge you to a $1 MM. MvC2. I may even bring my dreamcast + MvC2 for a friendly or two, if they dont have enough

ey will, you have to pre req for all of the tourneys. Registration ends at noon. Better ask one of your boys if they can sign you up and you pay them back when you get there

Ey tournament director guy, calm warrior i think, can people have others sign them up for tourneys if they arent there, if they pay the entire fee? Like, could someone sign xyz up before noon if xyz isnt actually there, but they pay all of his fee (the 15 door + 10 tournament)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
another bump for final justice.

A monkey will emerge champion from this tourney. Either me or Riot, but probably me

My diddy is now when like Frieza killed Krillin and goku went ape**** and went SSJ, or like cell curbstomped andriod and gohan went SSJ2. Something clicked, and I think im ready to ****/win this tournament.

Meanwhile, Mr. Popo (game and watch) is just chilling in the cut while Cooler (Lucario) is ready for some action as well

/babbling

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
List for people coming to make things easier on you

Ryan (Hunter) - GGX and SSBB (I think you know he's already coming Calm Warrior, but just in case)
Cary (C. Hill) - GGX and SSBB
Myself - SSBB
Ginger (Gingerr) - SSBB

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
List for people coming to make things easier on you

Ryan (Hunter) - GGX and SSBB (I think you know he's already coming Calm Warrior, but just in case)
Cary (C. Hill) - GGX and SSBB
Myself - SSBB
Ginger (Gingerr) - SSBB

GGX...id enter but im nowhere near pro level in that game

Top Bottom