• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl to Be Playable at E for All

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Via <a href="http://kotaku.com/gaming/smash-bros'-for-the-people/nintendos-e-for-all-line-up-revealed-308838.php">Kotaku</a>, Nintendo has unveiled its lineup of playable games at next week’s E for All Expo. Front and center? Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

<a href="http://www.eforallexpo.com/">E for All</a>, being the consumer-friendly “successor” to the E3 of old, promises the general public the opportunity to get some hands-on action with the latest games. So it’s no surprise that Nintendo is bringing its big guns to the table, and for Brawl fans, it’ll be our first chance to see the game hands-on in a playable demo.

And by the way, did you seriously think you would beat everyone else to the punch and host the first Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament? I hope not, because Nintendo’s going to be hosting one of their own during the show. Expect the momentum on this one to be pretty big, and expect a lot of people to be able to get a close look at the game in action.

Putting Brawl on in playable form at E for All, while not unexpected, does bring up some interesting points. We’ll almost assuredly have a very good sense of what the starting character roster will look like at that point, and with that we’ll be able to unveil the answers to a number of the mysteries that Sakurai has laid out for us on the Dojo. Is Mario Tornado now really his down-air? Can you start off a match as Zero Suit Samus? Did Sakurai decide to give Snake-Kirby the goatee or the bandanna? Thus far, we’ve had no way of knowing, but having a playable demo of Brawl will answer a number of questions in one fell swoop.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
Oh awsome!!!! too bad im in the wrong city wrong place wrong age wrong everything...**** my shot comings but THANK YOU INTERNET

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think that anything new will... eh... appear there? Maybe a character or stage?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
LeON, it's on the 18th (right?)

And we better get the new C. Falc, imagine his awesomeness on the wii!

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I hope somebody gets some footage recorded and sent all around the boards. This could be awesommoemoemeomoemoemoemoemeomeomeoeme. :laugh:

Sir James

The Doctor
This is great news. We'll finally see the game in action and I'm sure we'll get a ton of questions answered. I can't wait to hear about the game's physics. Will L-Canceling and Wavedashing return?

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
This is great news. We'll finally see the game in action and I'm sure we'll get a ton of questions answered. I can't wait to hear about the game's physics. Will L-Canceling and Wavedashing return?
L-Canceling has been in Smash since SSB back when it was called Z-Canceling. I doubt they'll take it out. Wavedashing, well, only time will tell.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
The Internet will crash once the first set of live video of Brawl is posted for all to see...

I seriously cannot wait to hear all the details from this. December 3 cannot arrive soon enough!

~Old Man Nintendo

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
The top pros should know about this and go represent the competitive smash community and win the tourney.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Holy Freakin' Cow!

It almost... just... doesn't seem right... I'm, cough cough, wounded. Sakurai how could you let this mob of people get there grubby, greasy, nasty, sticky, ugly fingers all over our cherished and beautiful Smash Brothers before we, the loyal fanbase?

Of course I'm over exaggerating, but there's this little feeling that says it's just not quite right that the game is going to be suddenly blowing that much cover you know? I'm so used to these tiny daily updates... it's as if I've been on the edge of starvation for a couple of years and then someone forces me to eat a Thanksgiving feast's worth of news all in one sitting. (That could kill a person.)

Oh well, I suppose I should have expected it. Does anyone else feel a bit... rubbed the wrong way? I'm saying FEEL, because logically, it doesn't matter, and is actually good news.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
woooah its in l.a.?can some kind gentlemen direct me to a web site for info about this?can just anybody get in?

edit:nvm i just found it in the first post lol=/

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
BTW...

Curse you MetaKnight'sSword! I hate your spoiling sig! Sure, I'm a bit slow, and that game's been around for a while now, but it doesn't mean I have to like your spoiling sig!

Nah, we're cool, but I really didn't want to know that.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Im going people on friday...and i will try my best to find out as much info as i possibly can...:)
Assuming you actually do go, I hope you are proficient at performing advanced techs, so you can provide as much info as possible, though doubtless many-a-Smasher will be providing the same info. Video is what I'm looking for, even though it will probably ruin that oh so special first experience with Smash Brawl.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
hmm, maybe I should go considering that my apartment is like, 5 minutes from the convention center...

of course this will probably be disappointing to me, having gone to E3 2006 =(

well have fun demoing the game, everybody who goes; if I go maybe I'd see you who knows.

NG7

Smash Lord
Dude I will kill you if you don't go. Alot of people would love to be as close as you.

As if you wouldn't go!

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
hmm, maybe I should go considering that my apartment is like, 5 minutes from the convention center...

of course this will probably be disappointing to me, having gone to E3 2006 =(

well have fun demoing the game, everybody who goes; if I go maybe I'd see you who knows.
Dude I will kill you if you don't go. Alot of people would love to be as close as you.

As if you wouldn't go!
must be joking, there is no way you could stay away.
Make not of his username lmao

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
...Man, this is why I should have taken that assassination job. I would have SO much more money so that I could go to E For All!

But seriously, hope those of you that are going will have fun with the demos...

...and if you see any Nintendo employees, tell 'em to put Mia-chan in Brawl. Please. ^-^

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ive got a question... at Efor all, what controllers will be usable? in the IGN conference GC controllers were not usable.

has it been said if the Efor all conference will be the same as the IGN conference in this regard? a new controller might hinder some of our people fron discovering WDing and such.

Top Bottom