• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Sequal

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I have heard ppl say this will be the last smash bros game, but I seriously doubt that. Why would Nintendo stop making one of there most $$ maki9ng series. If sakurai does not make the next game they will just find somebody else to design the game just like the kirby series(correct me if I am mistaken)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
this is Sakurai last smash but not the last smash Sakurai even said that while he wont be working on them he's sure there will be more smashes

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
As long as Iwata is the president of Nintendo, I doubt we'll see another Smash Bros. unless Sakurai decides to come back on board.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the next Smash Bros is as good as the Sakurai-less Kyrby games...

Then we should stop clomplaining about ROB[/sarcasm]

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone ever said that this is the last smash game. Sakurai DID say that he created this one with the mindset of it being the last one, to try to give it the ultra-epic feel it needed to have (especially regarding the SE).

It would be kinda dumb to stop making more "Smashes." I'm sure it makes lots of money for Nintendo, and its a very popular series. It attracts fans of many different games, and so far the smash games have generally been easy games to learn how to play, while still being difficult to master.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has stated in the past that he wants to do other things besides keep making Smash Bros, and Iwata has stated that he doesn't want do a Smash Bros without Sakurai in charge. Make of it what you will.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
Sakurai has stated in the past that he wants to do other things besides keep making Smash Bros said:
do you have a link, and they said if sakurai did not do this one there were going to just add 5 characters and make the game wifi capatable.

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
From Iwata Asks
Sakurai said:
Seriously though…what can I say? Personally, I don’t like to make a distinction between those that have and those that haven’t. I mean, we’re only on the third title in the series and whether or not you’ve played a previous version is not that important.

Sakurai seems to think there'll be another, and, well... Nintendo's Nintendo. I don't see them abandoning a cash cow.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone ever said that this is the last smash game. Sakurai DID say that he created this one with the mindset of it being the last one, to try to give it the ultra-epic feel it needed to have (especially regarding the SE).
I think the quote from Iwata asks is fairly conlcusive evidence that there will be another Smash.

EDIT: I suck with quotes and spelling. :(

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
what I am hoping is that we don't have to wait 6 years for the next one.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I have heard ppl say this will be the last smash bros game, but I seriously doubt that. Why would Nintendo stop making one of there most $$ maki9ng series. If sakurai does not make the next game they will just find somebody else to design the game just like the kirby series(correct me if I am mistaken)
This board is for brawl, not speculation on it's sequel. Close this.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I DO hope we have to wait six years, but six good years, so we can actually get what we want...

I mean...

So the directer can put everything he needs into this game. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please stop with these threads..

Sakurai put so much thought and effort into Brawl. It just came out. We just finished speculation. No more...

Plus, sakurai is not making the next Brawl, so there will either not be another one (This one is personally good enough for me, we have wifi, thats enough to last me for years.) or it will not be very good. Like the Sakurai-less Kirby games.

You guys, the US doesnt even HAVE Brawl yet. Just talk about what we've got. Im so very tired of seeing speculation, and Im sure many others, including mods feel this way.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Nintendo will make another Smash game. In fact, if Brawl sells a lot better then Melee did (and it already is), then Nintendo will probably start working on Smash Bros. 4 faster then they did Brawl.

Also, I'm pretty certain that one of the reasons so many in demand characters were left out like Geno, Krystal, Ridley, Midna, etc...was because they were already thinking ahead to the next installment. If those characters made it into Brawl, then what new interesting characters could they put into Super Smash Bros. 4?

courte

Smash Lord
man whoever else they even consider already has huge god-mode balls to replace
he better disguise his obvious eventual suck with a plethora of characters... 50 minimum, about 58 max

Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Geno, --Yoshi, Team Baby--Zelda/Shiek, Link,
Ganondorf, "Toon" Link, Young/Zelda, Vaati--Pikachu, Pluslse+Minum, Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon Rivals[multiple outfits]--Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal--Olimar--Ness, Lucas, Poo, Claus, Kumatora--Dragon Chan, Little Mac--Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Takamaru--Sigurd/Marth/Eliwood/Eirika, Lyn, Mica w/e, Roy, Hector[Ike clone], Ephraim, Ike--man im gonna run this into the ground--Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh with his AT as FS--Wario, Waluigi, Ashley, captain Syrup--[Dr.] Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., Sports Daisy,
Megaman, Ryu--Sonic, ;random;--Snake, ;random;--

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please stop with these threads..

Sakurai put so much thought and effort into Brawl. It just came out. We just finished speculation. No more...

Plus, sakurai is not making the next Brawl, so there will either not be another one (This one is personally good enough for me, we have wifi, thats enough to last me for years.) or it will not be very good. Like the Sakurai-less Kirby games.

You guys, the US doesnt even HAVE Brawl yet. Just talk about what we've got. Im so very tired of seeing speculation, and Im sure many others, including mods feel this way.
...I really don't mean to necro, but holy ****, 2008 me was about as done with speculation as I am now.

...Oh how wrong he was about enjoying Brawl's wifi though. Oh so wrong. And just about everything else, but damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom