• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Earlier Than Expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBB_fan_9000

Smash Rookie
BRAWL RELEASE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED.

REDMOND, Wash., Jan. 22, 2008 – Nintendo would like to annonunce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl™ for the Wii will be released on Febuary 26th for the entire North American market, two weeks before the previously mentioned March 9th release date. This news will bring joy to our customers who are eagerly waiting to play this blockbuster game.

Originally Super Smash Bros. Brawl™ was delayed due to early testing of the servers showed that they couldn't handle such high numbers of people playing Brawl. Programmers original thought that solving the problem would take a month, but now the current progress will allow it ready by the middle of February. With that in mind, NoA and NoC have decide move up the date so fans can finally play as their favorite Nintendo Character.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com.
For more information about Super Smash Bros. Brawl™, visit Smashbros.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment,Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.5 billion video games and more than 430 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company’s Web site at www.nintendo.com.

Revven

FrankerZ
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! YAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

OMG SO FREAKIN' HAPPY I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MARCH! YES!!!!!!!!

Freakin' win folks, FREAKIN' win!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921

Is this true? 2 weeks cut off the English delay?

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Eh, Not that much!

It wasnt too long of a delay at first, and now its not too long to be taken back.

But I hope its true.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
BRAWL RELEASE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED.

REDMOND, Wash., Jan. 22, 2008 – Nintendo would like to annonunce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl™ for the Wii will be released on Febuary 26th for the entire North American market, two weeks before the previously mentioned March 9th release date. This news will bring joy to our customers who are eagerly waiting to play this blockbuster game.

Originally Super Smash Bros. Brawl™ was delayed due to early testing of the servers showed that they couldn't handle such high numbers of people playing Brawl. Programmers originally thought that solving the problem would take a month, but now the current progress will allow it ready by the middle of February. With that in mind, NoA and NoC have decided to move up the date so fans can finally play as their favorite Nintendo Character.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com.
For more information about Super Smash Bros. Brawl™, visit Smashbros.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment,Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.5 billion video games and more than 430 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company’s Web site at www.nintendo.com.
Anything bolded was corrected. I think you forgot those little things when you wrote it up.
Also Brawl, i think is supposed to be released on a sunday. Like feb. 10th was a sunday, march 10th is a sunday. dec 3rd was a monday though. Nintendo wanted to release it on a sunday for some reason.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I don't know if this is true, usually company statements don't include reasons such as "we had to spend time on internet programming".

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
"Delayed cause of localization not online."

They could be the same thing. And if online was the issue...they should have just not had online for a month. >_>

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Anyway, to help you with future fake press releases:

- use the correct date
- Nintendo of America does not refer to itself as NoA in a press release
- Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Canada issue seperate press releases, they never use the same one
- PR never gives the technical details of why a game was delayed
- if you compare the last paragraph which is copy pasted, you'll notice they put www in front of the website url
- nobody is going to believe a press release found on SmashBoards, GameFAQs, IGN, etc. but no where else

S2

Smash Lord
Although it would be nice.

I don't buy it without a source attached. I'm assuming this is a lie, but I'd like to be proven otherwise.

If this is trolling, I hope you get a swift modding.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i wish it was true, but i'm still a little skeptical. i'm just gonna assume it's fake unless the dojo says otherwise

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Only 2 or 3 people fell for it.

Certainly not me though. As always, If I dont see a link, then I know its definitely a fake.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
He had his fun with this and we all cried... Mods go ahead and lock her up. Thank you Can't think this is helping speed the forums up at all.

Falcon Punch anyone?

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had a gut feeling that they pushed it back a moth just o they'd bring it closer later which would create an immense...and epic...amount...of...EXCITEMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom